Graphics Demo from Supermono!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrfungfung, Feb 25, 2011.

1. mrfungfung

mrfungfung Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Hello! I may be posting in the wrong forum so feel free to tell me to relocate, but I want to shout out to you guys and tell you about the new whizzbang 3D engine I have developed, to be used in my future games. I made a little graphics video to show some bits off and would welcome you all to take a look and chat about :)

FRIDAY EYE CANDY! Get ready for some blurb:

"Our whizz-kids have come up with a new 3D engine using something called deferred rendering which basically makes everything look completely rad.
    For the geeks among you: it handles diffuse and specular illumination for up to twenty dynamic, coloured lights, along with bloom and environment reflections, in real time. For everyone else, here’s a cool shiny car we made to test it. Check it out!"

Big thanks to Static at Unit303 for the music!
    Our new game is gonna be out in summer 2011. It’s got cars in, but it’s not really a racing game in the vein of Real Racing (that's too good - we can't beat that!).

Thanks for watching!:D

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    So what is it? Engine looks good.

3. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    #3 mrfungfung, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    It'll be revealed pretty soon, but it will be more the oldschool type driving games, and will be more of a 2.5D camera angle from afar. The engine is useful because it affords us loads of dynamic twinkly lights which hopefully gives it a unique look. We're popping off to GDC but after that there will be more and more info on the game as we press on with making it!

Also, might release the demo ala Epic's Unreal Citadel as a free app for, I dunno, LARKS :)

4. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Can I test the demo thing? I'd like to see what kinds of lighting/raytracing/etc. my iPod is capable of. The video is too blurry and dark.

5. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    It's for 3GS and up (anything capable of OpenglES 2.0 - so anything above iPod 2nd gen I think, always get them mixed up). We could be releasing this as a free thing like Epic Citadel, then you can wibble and look at it all you like!

6. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Very impressive.