Can you change the title of a thread?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jimwagner, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jimwagner

jimwagner Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #1 jimwagner, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    We geolaunched our indie freemium game Dragon Up in Canada and then expanded out into some other countries. I started a thread and have been interacting with the players here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=169611

But now we're about to go worldwide and I'm wondering if there is a way to change the title of the thread so it doesn't say we are in Canada only anymore? Or do I have to start a new thread?

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    No you don't have to start a new thread. A mod can change the title of the thread, so it should be no problem :)

3. jimwagner

Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks! I changed it within the thread, but when I view it from the forums, the thread still has the old name... Or does it take time to update?

I changed this thread to "Did I change the title of this thread?"

4. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    You can't change the main thread name/title, write a message to metalcasket or echoseven they are mods as far as I know and they can change the title for you.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #5 Echoseven, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Only moderators can change titles, unless it's within a minute or so of posting.

If you want a title changed, feel free to PM some of the more active moderators. An even quicker way would be to report the first post by using the red triangle to the right of each post and mentioning what you would like the title to be changed to.

6. jimwagner

Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome thanks, I'll do that when we release! Cheers!