SpellGrid+ for all word game lovers [promo codes]

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by spellgrid, Oct 1, 2013.

1. dan68k

dan68k Member

Sep 13, 2013
    I haven't been excited by a word game since Dungeon Scroll, or back when the iPhone 3G was the latest, the now tired Words With Friends.

I would love to test this and provide feedback!

2. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Played some more with the wife, and we're both really enjoying this game! Unfortunately we're playing on the iPad and the game doesn't work with multi touch, so we have to go one at a time. This game could be neat with a same device "head to head" mode on the iPad, where you both get the same root word and are challenged to beat each other's score. Looking forward to seeing how this one evolves!

3. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Hi everyone, thanks so much for trying out the game and the feedback.

If anyone is still looking for a promo code, please follow @spellgrid on Twitter (I will post one or two there occasionally). Or just reply to this thread (no PM please).

Also, please download the free version to try first :)
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id631947527

Please help me out (motivation)
    - ratings/reviews/feedback/ideas, etc
    - follow on twitter
    - download the free version even if you have the paid one :)

Thanks!

4. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Howdy!

I would appreciate a promo code if you still have some to give out. Thanks much!

Tango

5. dan68k

dan68k Member

Sep 13, 2013
    This game is very impressive from a design standpoint. Clearly, the developer had iOS 7 in mind when creating the UI.

I am still getting the hang of re-using letters, I am terrible so far!

The achievements are great. Looks like there are a few Hidden ones, too, which I always enjoy.

By far my favorite feature, like someone else mentioned is to relax to iTunes while putting crosswords together.

This game is super polished, I hope it gains some momentum!

6. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    @coledaddy, i have finally updated to 7.0.2 on my ipad 2, unable to reproduce the bug you mentioned. please let me know if the problem persists, thanks!

@dan68k, thank you, glad u like the minimalist flat design ;-)

7. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Running promo code contest!

Download free version
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/id631947527

Tweet your scores! After you complete a grid, use the in-game feature to tweet your score (ios 6+ required). Winners will be notified via Twitter directly.

Thanks!

8. ayrton1

ayrton1 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Cleveland,Oh. Usa
    Spelling and word games are my favorite so I would love a code. I will gladly post pictures and feedback after giving it a try. Thanks!

9. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Hi guys! New update with Endless 6 letter grids is now live! The game will not generate the starting word for you, so you have to think of a 6 letter word with no repeated letter and use the CREATE mode to start an endless grid. Let's see who builds the largest grid?

10. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    New update with Zen Play mode now finally available (after stuck in review queue for a very long time, maybe due to Halloween season). In this mode, you will be given a 7, 8 or 9 letter starting word and have unlimited time to occupy 50 or more cells. Starting words have been chosen based on what has been proven to be "humanly" possible (from cloud save data), so if you are stuck, try harder - you can definitely solve every given word.

Also added is an option to enable "auto submit" (Settings) - if you hide the submit button, then any valid move will be confirmed automatically. This will save you much time when playing QUICK PLAY mode, probably enough to reach new record scores.

There has also been feedback that the red bar showing the error messages can be distracting, so now there is also an option to hide those error messages (once you know the rules, you know why the tiles are red so it makes sense to hide these errors eventually).

Some players do not want to share their completed grids, so there is now an option to opt out of cloud saving.

Undo/redo is also now available. It costs 1 credit to unlock this feature for a grid, once unlocked you can undo/redo unlimited steps for that grid. The unlock lasts until the grid is completed (QUICK PLAY or ZEN PLAY modes) or until you exit the session (ENDLESS mode). There is an option to hide the unlock button in the Settings page, so players who do not want this undo/redo feature can opt to never see the button.

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I would like a code if still available!!!

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    followed @gwarmaxx

i would like to have a code if possible...

thanks a lot!

13. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    promo codes sent, thanks!

14. jpinkman

jpinkman New Member

Jan 19, 2012
    any more codes left? I love work games!

15. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Hi guys! A new update to SpellGrid has just gone live.

With version 2.0, Quick Play mode for 7, 8 and 9 letter grids, as well as the Zen Play mode, are now all unlocked for the free version!

Also, Zen Play mode has been re-organized - there are now 490 grids to be solved, 70 grids for each day of the week. There is a separate leaderboard for each day, so keep playing!

P/S: By the way, due to the shutdown of StackMob, we have had to migrate to Parse for cloud saving. Once you install version 2, the game will attempt to sync and reinstate your progress. This migration is for Game Center achievements only - I don't want you to start over for those progressive achievements!

Download SpellGrid:

16. Lumlca

Lumlca Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I would love a code if there is one still available!

17. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Here are some promo codes for SpellGrid+, thank you for playing!

XP6LHEPX469E
    6R7MMRNAP6KE
    FWKKK47HFNKN

Meanwhile, if anyone has an android device and would like to help beta test the android version please kindly PM with your email address, thanks!

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I used 6R7MMRNAP6KE.

Thanks!

19. Lumlca

Lumlca Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    All codes have been taken. C'mon touch arcade readers, we're better then that! Please post if you use a code

20. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Hi everyone! Please remember that Quick Play mode for 7, 8 and 9 letter grids, as well as the Zen Play mode, are now all unlocked for the free version (ad sponsored). So if you just want to check out the game play, please download for free:

I still have codes to give away to anyone who genuinely love SpellGrid but for whatever reason would prefer not to buy the game. You just have to

1) download SpellGrid for free

2) play at least 3 Quick Play games, complete and tweet your scores using the in-game tweet tool

3) request for a code by replying here or via PM :)

Thanks!