Word Game undiscovered gem?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by vectorarchitekt, May 18, 2015.

1. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    i like SpellTower but man that game gets frustrating real quick. Played WELDER, Lettercraft, Alpha 9, Quatwhatsits, Word Forward, Word Shift, Bookworm....

Are there any non-crossword word games that any of you have found that didn't necessarily get much coverage?
    Not really into the word finding as much as creating.
    Just checking.
    Thanks!

2. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #2 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Hi vectorarchitekt, i recently found Wordology a game by Cerebral Gardens. You basically clear the all letter tiles by making words. I think it is a very well designed word game that has some really nice artwork, that is easy on the eyes. I really like that you can make words by joining letters from anywhere on the board. It also includes few different game modes like easy, normal, lightning and freestyle. There are also some power ups:

Gold Tile - Triple word score
    Silver Tile - Double word score
    Green Tile - Gain a life
    Red Tile - Have to use very quickly or lose a life.

They also offer Wordology Free for people to try 1st, but i especially like this game because it does not contain any In-App Purchases. I mean honestly, for US $0.99 (CA $1.19 for me) i think this is a wonderfully fun and additive word game, and i really like it.

Game was listed on TA back in 2009 http://toucharcade.com/2009/05/22/wonderful-word-games-week-99-text-teasers/

My 2 Cents
    - I searched on YouTube for Wordology and only found 3 results, no gameplay video and the 2 were ads. So i think this game may qualify as undiscovered gem, but that is just my opinion.

Wordology Home Page

Wordology

Cerebral Gardens
    Word Game Enthusiasts Unite! Wordology 2.0 is the classic addictive word game re-designed! If you pride yourself as a wo…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Word Game Enthusiasts Unite! Wordology 2.0 is the classic addictive word game re-designed! If you pride yourself as a word game expert and have been looking for a challenge, then this game is for you. Test your vocabulary in a game where size matters. Use layers of lettered tiles to create the longest words possible and earn hefty points. Strategy is key to achieving high scores and awards. One wrong move can cost you major points. Choose the game mode that suits your skill level and you are on your way to becoming a Wordologist. Key Features Four different game play modes to challenge your skill level Amp up your word scores with Special Tiles 250,000+ word dictionary Game Center Keep track of stats for your current, and previous games as well as all-time records Track your point total, longest word, tiles used, average word length and more Complete 16 challenges to earn your status as a Wordologist
    Information
    Seller:Cerebral Gardens
    Genre:Strategy, Word
    Release:Feb 28, 2009
    Updated:Dec 23, 2020
    Version:2.0.7
    Size:74.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    If you like the PathPix puzzle games, Kris also has a SpellPix puzzle game that uses words rather than numbers. Very entertaining, and becomes very challenging (as the PathPix games do).

4. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Cool. Has it been updated since '09 for iPhone 5-6?

5. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #6 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Thanks for posting links Coldar, it's a shame that some of those games haven't been updated since 2012, but i think i may check out Words Deluxe.

Wordology was last updated on January 13, 2015, I just used the TA reference to show it hasn't been mentioned often.
    Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus and requires iOS 8.0 or later.

6. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks all, might try wordology, I'm on the fence.
    This new Gnomium sounds exciting.
    I wish Pop Cap would update Bookworm's dictionary, and that Gage would make an easier SpellTower mode. Those damn 5 and 6 tiles!

7. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
  8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    That video sold me on Word Morph along with the timed/relax mode. Marking my calendar for it! Appreciate posting it!

9. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Cool, I will definitely be trying that one.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Agreed, especially with the ability to play relaxed. I hate timers.

11. talalb

talalb Active Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I am glad you like it by the video. I hope you enjoy the game too when its out! :)
    I'm the developer of Word Morph! Do let me know if you have any questions about the game.