Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. pocketfrogs150

Nov 2, 2012
    May I please have the set once you're finished with it? You can have anything within my habs/breeding capabilities. (My "high end"/new frogs are always in the nursery if you want to take a look).

2. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    #25402 awboj, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    @dom
    Americano?

3. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Sent Lunaris and Fractus.:)

4. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island

Still no correct answer. However, the list is getting shorter.

5. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Here is the current list. I hope it is correct, I am trying my best to keep it updated while on vacation in Puerto Rico.

Nirtew -My guess is your Blue Callaina Planeta, just because I haven't seen any Planetas.
    Awboj-Symphonia? Can't see your habs so 1/47 probability.
    Blue water27-Emblema (sp?)
    Danjarus-Yellow carota arcus
    MartiNZ-I'll go Purple Tingo Pyramis. Damn good looking frog even if it wasn't the last lol.
    Danjarus-My 2nd guess is the yellow pruni hennae
    Awboj-Favus
    BlueWater27 -My guess is Glass Caelus Hennae, Dom. I can't see your habs so I'm making a blind guess.
    Javarich-Domenic15, add the Azure Albeo Mazeus to the incorrect list.
    dlstar -I'm going to nominate the tangelo picea figularis.
    awboj -Nodare?
    Awboj-cornus
    Javarich-vicis
    Nirtew-Add Luneris.
    My next guess is skelitos just because you sent me one.
    Andinz1970-Dom: Americano?
    Danjarus-@dom
    Add tessera to your list. That was my third guess
    Is it the Spira
    Awboj-Janus
    Meplie-For my second guess I would say Pyramis
    Sneeb-@Dom my guess is still Fortuno
    Heeranc-@domenic - my guess is foramen - if I can jump into the game
    Lisianne-Now, my guess, mainly because I haven't seen in pond or for sale in Mart or even in trade: some variety of Botulus. Maybe it's too toxic to breed.
    Awboj-@dom
    Igneous

6. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Ok Dom, guess I will take a guess:
    Quilta

Hope you are enjoying your vacation:)

7. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #25407 dean288367, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    Speaking of promtional frogs, does anyone know where the LUDO frog came from ?

All I know is that we had a big party hosted by "She who must not be named" . Everyone sent frog gifts to each other starting with the hostess who sent out party hats (Puncti). Other gifts included Inseros (Guinness), Bovis (Steaks), etc. At the end of the party whoever still had the party hat in the habitats was given the party favor of a LUDO :)

This was before special frogs could be purchased in the frogmart and to my knowledge was not done as previous special (promotional) frogs. We never could get her to tell us how she got it. Talking about promotional frogs got me thinking of this again.

Never mind, just answered my own question.

On February 3rd, 2011, an Azure Chroma Ludo became available to those who downloaded the app "Sky Burger."

BTW, Nirtew you are correct about the TRIBUS frog. :) I guess I missed it , I had download the game when it was released but only played it for a little bit and did not like it. Gave it another try about a week later and the rest is history.

8. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    yeah, as I said, before my time. I got all the other promotional frogs, But I didn't get Tribus until, I think, PF started to offer promotionals in the Mart.

9. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Not familiar with frond. CENTCOM-speak for frog pond?

10. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    If you friend me I can send you a Frondis.
    Edit: Hmm...alliteration.

11. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Comes from an old joke I remember & I'm quoting verbatim from a site called Bad Puns:

"Coral Reef Fishes

It's well known that some species of fish on the coral reef have adapted to be able to survive the poisonous sea anemone's sting, which gives them a safe place to hide from predators.

What isn't so well known is the story of the single fish that decided to be different. One day he swam away from his protective anemone, in search of some other hiding place.

A first, he swam into a small crevice in the rock, but he very quickly swam out of there, chased by an eel. Then he decided he could hide inside a shell, so he found a nice big one that he liked, but had to retreat from the crab that had got there before him.

Finally, exhausted, he swam into the coral beds, and hid among the brilliant coloured fern-like fronds of the corals.

The next day, when he hadn't come back to the anemone, some of the other fish decided to go out and look for him. The hunted everywhere for him, but they couldn't find him. Eventually, just as they had given up, they heard him calling to them. They looked around, but they couldn't see him anywhere - he was perfectly hidden by the coral.

Finally, he showed himself, and they tried to persuade him to come back home, but he refused - the coral was too good a hiding place to leave.
    "After all," he said, "with fronds like these, who needs anemones?"

That said, I don't know what CENTCOM speak is. We both digress.

p.s.: Thanks to short again for another Figularis & a Favus, StephenR for the Fortuna, dlstar for two Fractus, Laura for the Serpentis, & Nirtew for the Emblema.

p.p.s.: In terms of gifting sets, Dom & I are different. He offers but I surprise on a random basis. If you want a set, pocketfrogs150, contact Dom directly.

12. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Normally I do my thank you's in the morning after the dust has settled from the previous day and before I start again but I am going to make an exception and thank Shortbus for the 21 new frogs today with a concentration on Tangelo Carota. The last 8 will be spending the night in my MB before joining their friends in my froggydex.

13. MsRaeJae

MsRaeJae Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Office Manager
    Raleigh,NC
    Yes, I also want to thank shortbus123 for my frogs. I am level 17 and I noticed that the Frogmart is now selling more frogs over 20 since the upgrade. I need a Bulbus for the Weekly Set but it must be hiding in the rushes. Any help would be appreciated. MsRaeJae. Thanks :0)

14. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    Same here, I've received quite a group of Spira from Short today, could have been in the queue a few days, and I dropped in to express particular thanks.

The other gifter I have mainly received froggies from recently is dean, a very useful group of my target breeds. Thank you! :)

15. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

#25415 dlstar, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    Just a quick list of thank-you's this afternoon :)

Dean, Domenic, Maholah, Marti, Short, Quossum, Andi (x2), Java, Lisi, heeranc, danjarus, DeanKeith, laurafitz, auraofmenaces, Nirtew (x2), Jerutix (x2) Bezoar and madmaze.

I have no idea how long my MB waiting line is but as always I'm endeavouring to get through it as quickly (and conveniently) as I am able :)

I am currently breeding a colour wheel (or 2?) of the new frogs, as well as sets and request frogs. Once I've finished playing around with that I'll think of something else to do!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Also, I have an ecplise frog in one of my habitats if anyone wants to have a look. I actually quite like the Lunaris, it's a very pretty frog.

16. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    thanks guys
    2 maroon favus & cocos favus - shortbus
    black stellata - flip
    aqua aceris - dean
    orange emblema - terowynshdwrain
    white nebula - joellyno
    violet spira - awboj
    royal amfractus - jake
    emerald flecto - vivisoto

17. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I have no problem sending you this weeks set but I cannot remember your ID. Please friend me if we are not already friends.

It may be helpful if you add you ID in your signature.

18. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Sorry Dean, please try again.

I am enjoying my vacation, thanks.

19. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    @ Dom: Templum? :)

20. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi all, I'm after a Bulbus Any color will do. This one just refuses to show up in-game. I'll try helping out where possible too. Game Centre: Trenners