Frogger Decades (Konami)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Revolutionary Concepts, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    #1 Revolutionary Concepts, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

2011 marks the 30th anniversary of Frogger's 1981 arcade debut, and while being 30 years old is reason enough to celebrate for anyone (let alone the worlds most beloved frog next to Kermit), we thought how would it be if we cut him a break from eternally wandering back and forth through traffic on a single screen, and instead gave him a chance to really stretch his frog legs -while staying true to the hop-till-you-drop gameplay style of the original?

And so thanks to Konami we're very pleased announce the imminent release of 'Frogger Decades' for kids young and old - an original vertically scrolling 3D adventure where Frogger needs your help to make his way out of the swamp, through the city and into the strange lands beyond in time for the surprise birthday celebrations planned by his friends.

The first all NEW Frogger game designed specifically for iOS, 'Frogger Decades' features 10 challenging levels set in five beautiful worlds, new frog related power-ups, buttonless multi-touch (or classic DPad) controls, original music compositions by hollywood composer Alex Khaskin, and beautifully animated cut scenes.

(iPhone Screens)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An entirely new twist on the classic Frogger theme, designed from the ground up for iOS and todays iPhone/iPad gamer, 'Frogger Decades' will be available 1st September worldwide as a universal app for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with a launch special of just $1.99

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    I remember my first frogger game...I was about as tall as one of the mushroom we see on the first screenshot back then.

It is nice to see a legend live on...

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Excellent! A very pleasant unexpected surprise indeed. How large are the levels, by the way, and will more be added? :)

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    After my first reaction of "no another frogger" and after seeing the video, now I am really wanting this!!! How many levels?

5. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #5 Revolutionary Concepts, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    :D That's how we roll man. Even or me it's so easy to forget those screens should be shrunk down to iPhone size, they aren't iPad shots. As for the decision to do (another) Frogger, no doubt TA has its fair share of hardcore gamers and it's a discerning audience -and rightly so. But Frogger is and should be the quintessential casual game and is intended for non-gamers and gamer alike - young, old, male, female.
    Given the chance to refresh an all time classic and work closely with Konami it was a great opportunity. and we hope everyone likes the results :)

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    btw will this be a iphone affair only or an HD will come too?

PS: I just saw it is 10 levels ..... endless play?

7. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Even better Konami are rewarding their loyal fans by making it universal and $1.99. We've included 10 levels spanning 5 worlds, a time Attack mode with their own dedicated leaderboards, 30+- achievements, with the prospect of a new gameplay mode and some extra levels if the demand is there.

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Sold. Would be great if we could have endless play cycling all stages or just one. an arcade mode of sort.

9. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Agreed. An endless mode would rock. I'm buying it either way, but that would be a great future addition.

10. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    From your mouths to Konami's ears ;)

11. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    My first frogger game was the forgotten relic... My nostalgia for that game is so great you wouldn't believe it. Looking forward to this!

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    GAHH so excited :D

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm loving it that these games are so old ! We've had a Galaga anniversary edition, and now Frogger.

Hopefully we'll get some more updated arcade games. I still dont know why some companies dont re-release classic old arcade games to iOS, eg Bubble Symphony (Bubble Bobble on ios is 'okay') but the sequel would be better, Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack and many others. Surely its easy money to be had just putting a game in an emulator shell and releasing on iOS ?

I like Capcom Arcade but theyre so slow to update it

Konami have some classic games such as Nemesis/Jail Break/Jackal and many others, please re-release them Konami !

14. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    #14 DotComCTO, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
    Hi guys!

I got to do some of the beta testing on this game, and I can tell you that it plays as great as it looks! The team at RC did a very nice job on the graphics and controls. The swipe controls work quite well (for me), and you're introduced to the swipe control mechanism via the in-game tutorial. I think Frogger fans will definitely be pleased with this new take on the game!

If you've got any question, let me know...

:cool:

--DotComCTO

15. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    This sounds like it will play great!