"Hero of Many" aint being handled correctly!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by PureRumble, Jun 29, 2013.

1. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Regarding the new game "hero of many", when u tap the "22 comments" row in the TA app to get to the game's forum thread then u are instead brought to the old "upcoming ipad games" thread

But whats more concerning is that the game isnt showing up on the hot new games list in the same app. This could be because not enough people are talking about it in the forum, but i think something isnt right and all this is because of some bug (related to that it hasnt been linked to its proper thread)

Its a shame because it looks like a quality game and therefore deserves some attention. Much much much much worse games than this have "earned" a spot on the hot new games list :-/

What makes this even more crucial (i think) is that the game was released on a wednesday which means it never was eligible for the app store's own front page of weekly game news. Thats like 100000$ income loss right there! X-(

I just thought we could give them a little push

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #2 metalcasket, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago.

I just modified the order of the appinfo and videos in the opening post of the Hero of Many thread, as well as replaced the NZ link with that of the US App Store. I don't think that has anything to do with it, but perhaps it's because the initial NZ link hasn't been touched since the game was pulled and then released officially. I obviously have no idea, so I'm just guessing.

If what I did above is going to fix the problem, well....now the thread just needs some activity to get on the Hot New Games list. The game's extremely deserving (it also nabbed a 4.5/5 TA review :))...so...ummm....get to it (the activity, that is)!

EDIT: It still apparently links to the upcoming thread. No clue what's going on. :/

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Did someone post an appinfo tag in the upcoming thread? I'm assuming it links to the first one it finds, and maybe it existed there first.

4. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

Thank you very much PureRumble! I really appreciate what you did for us.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Double-checked. Nah, there's no appinfo in the upcoming thread.

6. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

metalcasket: Is there anything I can do here? To edit first post of the Upcoming thread somehow?

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I don't think it's anything any of us can do. Unless I'm mistaken, the Hot New Games section of the TA app works through appinfo posted in the thread. I'm almost certain having a regular link in the thread doesn't affect that in any way, but I've edited the links just in case and have closed the thread down (standard procedure for released games).

I don't know if that'll do anything...but seriously...why am I answering queries in Site Feedback? >_> *shuts up and leaves it to the proper people* :p

8. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Ok, but are the "proper people" taking a look at it?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think the game looks great but in my view its not getting 'the love' as its ipad only. If this was universal i'm sure you would get plenty more people talking about it in the ipod games section.

I love iOS games, have about 600-700 on my device (ipod), but if a games ipad only i tend to stay away (only exceptions are Baldurs Gate and KOTOR)

Really hope this becomes universal as i'll buy it straight away if thats the case.