iPhone Beta Testers needed for Galactic Conflict HD (online multiplayer RTS)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MarkFromBitmenStudios, Dec 7, 2012.

1. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    [​IMG]

Hi fellow TA members,

I'm looking for beta testers for my upcoming RTS game Galactic Conflict.

Galactic Conflict is a full-featured SciFi real-time strategy (RTS) game in the traditional sense (read: Starcraft, AoE, C&C, …). It features a story mode, skirmish and a (synchronous) online multiplayer mode (GameCenter based).

I need more beta testers to playtest the game. For one, the campaign needs testing to get the difficulty curve right and fine-tune the missions. The biggest test focus is however multiplayer balance and that's why I want to add a few more players to get more games going and thus get reasonable feedback about the game balance.

If you love RTS games, meet the minimum hardware specs (iPhone 4, iPad 2, where iPad is clearly the preferred platform) and are determined to embark with us on a thrilling journey with the long-term objective being a balanced gameplay, then please PM me or contact me at [email protected].

You can find more info on the game at http://galactic.bitmen-studios.com. The beta rules can be found here.

I do hope that I can count on your help to playtest and tweak this! Let's make this great!
    cu in game,
    Mark
    Bitmen Studios - We bring the Bits together.

Screenshots
    (Click to enlarge)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    All screenshots were made on the iPad2.

Q&A

Q: How many races are in the game?
    A: Two distinct races to chose from (for multiplayer and skirmish).

Q: How many different units are in the game?
    A: 13 units per race (26 total), ranging from small fighters to huge capital ships. More info on all ships can be found at http://galactic.bitmen-studios.com in the Space Ships section.

Q: Is there some automatic matchmaking in multiplayer?
    A: Yes, via GameCenter (1v1 and 2v2). You can also invite players as usual.

Q: Does the game support iPad retina?
    A: Yes.

Q: Does the game have a fog of war?
    A: Yes.

Q: What is the supply cap of the game?
    A: 200.

Q: Does the game have IAP?
    A: No, it is a premium game. We may add IAP for additional campaigns in the future but not for multiplayer. It is designed as a competitive, skill-based game and not a pay-to-win game.

Q: When will it be released?
    A: We have no final release date yet, the game is currently in closed beta. It is technically finished but we are still balancing it. Expect it to hit the AppStore in spring. If you join the beta and help balance the game it will be available earlier. :p

Q: How much will it cost?
    A: Not decided yet.

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #2 defred34, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    Ok, I'm a sucker for RTS games and have been finding it really hard to find one that is good at this genre on the APpstore. Have sent in a Beta req. :)

Update: When can we expect to start testing?

3. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    Thanks, defred, good to hear that.

I'm planning to distribute the next beta build via testflightapp on Saturday, 15th Dec.

Cheers,
    Mark.

4. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS TEST!

Best of luck on your release tomarrow! Price ? File size?