Orions 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vernimator, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
    #1 Vernimator, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
    Just checked the Orions developers web site and apparently Orions 2: The Deckmasters is their next iPhone game.

http://imoregames.com/

Here is more info courtesy of ipadlips

[​IMG]

The game is not yet finished.

Info: The Orions2 is based on the original Orions game, same mechanics slightly improved, except with absolutely cool new cards.

We have also majorly remade the campaign mode, and for single duels we added new game modes:

- Draft and Custom Deck, along with a deck editor - so you can now design your own decks instead of getting random cards. We simplified the building and resources aspects of the game, encouraging players to build more dwellings, and believe made the overall experience much more fun.

We are definitely investigating the possibility of adding multiplayer through GameCenter, however I can't say if it'll make its way to the 1.0 release, which is scheduled for end of November.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    ah gosh, you made my day !

Can't wait to have more infos on this!

3. ipadlips

ipadlips Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    #3 ipadlips, Nov 12, 2010
    Thanks to pocketmoregames Ive been able to reveal some info for you and some exclusive sneak peaks screenshots below.

4. Vernimator

May 26, 2009
    Charlotte Area, NC
    Excellent news!!! Are the graphics a higher resolution then the original in order for the game to look good on the iPad?

5. ipadlips

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    #5 ipadlips, Nov 12, 2010
    [​IMG]

The game is not yet finished.

Info: The Orions2 is based on the original Orions game, same mechanics slightly improved, except with absolutely cool new cards.

We have also majorly remade the campaign mode, and for single duels we added new game modes:

- Draft and Custom Deck, along with a deck editor - so you can now design your own decks instead of getting random cards. We simplified the building and resources aspects of the game, encouraging players to build more dwellings, and believe made the overall experience much more fun.

We are definitely investigating the possibility of adding multiplayer through GameCenter, however I can't say if it'll make its way to the 1.0 release, which is scheduled for end of November.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: All this Info is totally from Pocketmoregames that has been sent to me via email, you wont find it anywhere. And I hope those guys who want more info about it are now a lil bit more updated.

Ill bring more info as soon as it becomes ready.

If the Creator of this thread want to add this info to main post will be great.

Cheers Louis

6. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Wow, Cool.

7. ipadlips

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    @Vernimator, I Will Answer Your Question Soon... Just Stay Tuned.

8. Vernimator

May 26, 2009
    Charlotte Area, NC
    Done! :D

9. ipadlips

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    Thanks for adding, i will bring more info soon to reveal it for ta members

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #10 Vovin, Nov 12, 2010
    YEAH - and after releasing it and making a few bucks - will the devs let it pine away like Orions? Unsupported, without the add-ons, just calming down the community from time to time?

No, sorry - I don't support this kind of attitude. The devs didn't dealt fairly with their customers in the past, even if we "begged" them again and again to care.

I remember that the devs complained in this forum, that Orions was not the million-seller they hoped for and dropped it like a hot potato. And if Orion wasn't the expected success, as the devs stated - why bother to make a second part?

And now Orions 2? A game with no demand on this platform? But we shall give the devs our bucks anyway?
    How ridiculous.

The devs even kinda lied to us - and that's a fact I won't forget. You'll find everything here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=17420

I'm not stupid. I don't trust them anymore.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    This is a GREAT month for iOS gaming. Insta buy! :D

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I agree with Vovin. I would like to hear how the game will be supported because the last one was sort of just dropped. I am all for sequels and improvements and such but not if they too will be abandoned and are merely opportunities to make another quick buck from the few that didn't learn a lesson the first time.

Not to mention this was supposed to be an expansion to the old version and released this past summer. So -- now in November there is a new unfinished game?

Keeping my eyes open but also reluctant to get excited until I see what happens.

13. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    qft!

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This looks good but the developers lack of support for their last game has me thinking I'll just wait for Shadow Era.

15. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    well either way i'm pretty excited about a new card game coming out! i liked the first Orions, and i'm sure more of the same is gonna be just as good. its a shame nobody is putting out any other card battlers, cause they are awesome!!
    At least to pass the time until shadow era comes out..

16. Vernimator

May 26, 2009
    Charlotte Area, NC
  17. Akira01

Akira01 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    What a good news !!!
    Orion is a masterpiece, one of the best iPhone games (in my top ten for sure...).
    Very very good news...

18. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Vernimator
    waitin for next generation of ipad. already got iphone 4, cant see buying a 500 dollar big iphone, when its not even as powerful as my current phone..
    but on a side note, i have checked that game out already, and it looks good. one of the few games on ipad that make me want one now.

19. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I have mixed feelings about that. The lack of support for orions was crap.. The game was and is expensive and has still alot of bugs. So thoose will never be fixed..

So why a orions2 its the same with the same appeal to the same customer.
    So if this wont be a tp10 title we can suppose to see no support either.

Very mixxed feelings about that...

20. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Well despite lack of support, fact is the dev hasn't stopped working. At this point in time, updating the original orions would yield decent customer satisfaction but I can't imagine there being any new sales. A sequel has the potential to do both, which I hope it does. If multiplayer does get integrated, then I would be one happy camper.