Universal Pinball Arcade - (by FarSight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Yep. And never mind the billionaire scores.

2. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    This is going to be fixed in the next update according to the Pinball Arcade fan forum.

3. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    "We will be submitting the 2nd pack of two tables next week. On Android they will be available within hours. The Apple platforms take about 8 days"

Good news from the Facebook Forum of Pinball Arcade.
    Fun House and Circus Voltaire are on the way soon.

4. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    @Rudi:

great news, thanks for letting us know!

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Well that is awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

6. anchronix

anchronix New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    They should concentrate on fixing iOS 4.3 issues... can't play it still. Announced as 4.3 App, was working with 4.3... and after a DLC i must upgrade to iOS5? (WIthout further notice). WTF is this shit?

7. kahleeb

kahleeb New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Welcome to the world of iOS development. Is there a reason why you aren't upgrading to iOS 5? If your device is older and doesn't support it, these apps are updated all the time and they can't always work with older versions of the OS. In that case, you have to not upgrade or look for the older version on your computer to replace it.

This is not a rare thing--it happens all the time.

8. serienmörder

serienmörder Active Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Germany & France
    #608 serienmörder, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    Take a look at the appstore, it is still announced as an game
    that works with IOS 4.3 or newer !!

It is the obligation of farsight to make it run with IOS 4.3 again,
    or to pay back the money, i paid 8€ / 10$ for the 4 tables.

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #609 your personal robot, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    I love this game. I hate its bugs.
    Seriously, playing it everyday. I'm especially in deep love with Bride of Pinbot. Cool table, fantastic sounds. Would love to have the real version. But the screwed-up highscores are really extremely annoying. Got the Club of Billionaires two times, but theses scores didn't appear in the highscores.

Today I bought the Mac Version, just to have this game on a bigger screen, but there the latest tables are still missing and it's running really sloppy. They should seriously hire more people to keep up with quality and promises.

Ok, off to play more BoP :)

10. famousringo

Jul 25, 2011
    Now post from Farsight says that the new content pack has been submitted and should arrive around the middle of this month.

And when next month's update comes it will bring the much-anticipated Gamecenter update! Here's hoping I never have to see a Facebook login ever again.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Agreed - I'm looking forward to GC leaderboards and hopefully achievements. And yeah for Circus Voltaire and Funhouse soonish!

12. serienmörder

serienmörder Active Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Germany & France
    I am not sure if GC leaderboards will be a good thing,
    because that means that the top scores will be made
    by cheating accounts, like in so many games.

13. famousringo

Jul 25, 2011
    I've never seen a leaderboard anywhere that wasn't hacked. Are you telling me the Facebook one isn't? :eek:

I'm not expecting to get into the top ten, anyway, I just want to know how I stack up against the herd... and not have to bother dismissing that stupid Facebook login prompt every time I start the game.

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ahh, but I'm willing to bet bogus scores in FB can be edited. Have you EVER seen bogus GC scores culled? Not likely as Apple makes it near impossible to do.

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes. I'm with you on that.
    Also, why are the new tables not available on the Mac version yet? Since I don't have an ipad, I like to play on the bigger screen! How long are we gonna have to wait now for the Funhouse/Circus Voltaire (2nd pack) to arrive?
    Hopefully the bugs are going to be worked out too!

16. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    The update with funhouse and circus voltaire is out on Android. Not Playable at my samsung galaxy s. Everything is totallly jerky. I had no problems with the previous versions.
    Let´s hope that there will be now problems with the IOS version. Don´t want no jerky version on my Ipad 1.

17. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    From the PA Facebook Forums

"The Android update with Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse will be available any minute. In addition to the new tables, there have been some performance improvements made on some devices. We've also added multiple plunger cams and one more gameplay cam."

New Cams are fine. Performance Improvements? Some Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 and HTC Desire users reporting about performance problems.
    So be carefull when updating yor IOS Version. Better keep a backup of the old version.

18. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Really love all the tables!
    Any possibility of getting rid of sign in as a guest
    Especially after buying all the tables
    Could someone please invent a system for points and awards that can't be hacked!
    Probably not:)

19. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #619 bruab, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    FarSight have secured the rights for Twilight Zone, but they think it will end up being too expensive. They're floating the idea on Facebook of starting a kickstarter.com project to help fund it. I'd probably pitch in for that.

I wonder if we can start a fund to buy them a 4G iPad 3 to test on. I'm a little concerned that I haven't seen any public acknowledgement of the UI problem on these units. Has anyone else seen one?

20. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Twilight Zone sounds GREAT! Loved that one! One vote from me for that!