[Preview] Shadowmatic: a new photorealistic 3D shadow puzzle game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shadowmatic, Dec 21, 2013.

1. FIFTHSUN2012

FIFTHSUN2012 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Would you just take my money already? Great looking game.

2. spriley³

spriley³ Member

Dec 10, 2013
    This game just blew my minds and i was wondering if you guys have any thought or consideration of an Android release? :confused:

3. Shadowmatic

Shadowmatic Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Developer
    Yerevan, Armenia
    spriley³, Our iOS release will be followed by an Android version. Stay tuned! :)

4. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    When this will be released?

5. Shadowmatic

Shadowmatic Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Developer
    Yerevan, Armenia
    We will soon announce the release date. Stay tuned!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I must admit, I am pretty excited about this one. The graphics look detailed.

7. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Well, we are getting awfully close to the end of the month and NO release date...all I hear are crickets chirping and dust blowing around.

This one was supposed to launch in March. Personally, I don't think it will see the light of day until well into next year.
    It's on its way to turning into another Daredevil Dave.
    Only difference is that Shadowmatic actually looks good and DD2 looks like something from the early ios days.

I don't mean to sound insulting, but this is the only ios game I'm waiting for (next to Turbo Dismount)
    The wait has been extremely painful and the release of shadowmatic is starting to feel on par with a UFO / Bigfoot sighting.

8. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Same thoughts here...
    Although, I personally am optimistic about a Christmas-ish release... Maybe?
    I dunno, from what info I have, the levels have already been created and graphics are done. So hopefully, very very hopefully, this will come out soon. I'll be happy to pay any price for it, just something not ridiculous.

9. colorsound

May 15, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    Yeah, it's a game that always made me forget about price.

The thing that makes me feel so negative is that I have contacted them 8 or 9 times over the whole year, and always get the same "canned" answer of "just doing finishing touches, release date coming soon"
    That was in February, may, August, October, whenever...

I wish this beautiful looking game was being developed by somebody else, but then it wouldn't be what it is I guess.

But at this point, it's all air anyway, there is no game until it's released and we are playing it

Back to holding my breath :)

10. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    wait wait wait ^)

11. colorsound

May 15, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    Officially vaporware?

Might as well be.
    It seems nobody gives a crap about Shadowmatic anymore, and with good reason.

The developer really dropped the ball on this one

Too bad it wasn't created by someone who could get the job done

Oh well, here's to moving on

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Never give up hope. It's been less than three months since they last posted.

13. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
  14. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" - Shigeru Miyamoto

With that being said, developing a game or any product for that matter isn't easy, but interaction with (potential) consumers is / important.

15. Shadowmatic

Shadowmatic Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Developer
    Yerevan, Armenia
    Hi everyone!

The development of Shadowmatic has never stopped even for a day. Even on weekends or holidays ) During the past year we have struggled with a desire to stop the development process and launch the game immediately. And it was quite difficult to hear the advises from people around about stopping and launching. But we keep improving the visual part and adding additional details to the gameplay process.

We are really sorry to make you wait for so long but during these months we have done everything possible to give the game a look and the mood it deserves.

Thank you very much for your patience and interest towards the result of our work of 3 years. It's really motivating )

Very very soon we'll be ready to show you the result and we hope you'll like it.

16. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Im so gonna instabuy this one... Waiting for this one long time but i bet it will pay off tthe waiting time

17. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I watched Indie Game the movie a few days ago, the developer of Fez was talking about how it takes big game titles a few years to make and release a game, that's with massive teams working on them, so it's easy to understand how a highly polished game can take several years to materialise when it's often just a small team or even just one or two people working on indie games, often alongside other jobs.

I can understand why they say "coming soon" they may have underestimated how long it would take, and once they did, if they said guys it's gonna be another year at least, can you imagine the back lash and abuse they'd get from arse holes on the net? I know most of us here would be fine if they said that but I doubt everyone else would.

I've been looking forward to this as much as the next person and can see why people are disappointed, but I would much rather it came late and be what the dev wants it to be, than have them rush out a game they don't feel up to standard. I hope it comes one day, but I've got plenty to keep me going until it does.

18. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Sicks said it better than me should have just +1 that post lol.

19. pikpiak

pikpiak Member

Dec 12, 2014
    My heart and wallet is ready for this.

20. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Everything she said! :)