i need some portable/ console games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by drew_hendrix, May 8, 2012.

1. drew_hendrix

drew_hendrix Member

May 8, 2012
    high school
    atlanta
    I recently purchased an new ipod touch but i need recommendations for games. I'm looking for games like dead space or chaos rings 2. Games that compete with the the ds and psp

2. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #2 Edmilan, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    Real racing 2 and Shadowgun are good, and so is the upcoming Nova 3 this thursday. Also Worms 2, Dungeon Hunter 2, Dungeon Defenders, Kof-i 2012 and the Cave shmups IMHO deserve a mention.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Final Fantasy Tactics is definitely up there. Battle for Wesnoth also.

4. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Modern Combat 2/3, N.O.V.A. 2, GTA, Aralon, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Asphalt 6, Galaxy on Fire, Sky Gamblers... well there's a lot of good stuff out there. ;)

(Some people would recommend you Infinity Blade 2, but I particularly don't like it.)

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Bard's Tale - it's a direct port of a PS2 game.

Then there's the recent release of Max Payne Mobile, same thing - a port.

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Galaxy on Fire 2, GTA 3, Side Meier's Pirates. You can't go wrong with any of those.

7. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    I find GTA Chinatown wars to be the most console quality game that I know of on iOS. I know it's not a fully 3-D game like GTA 3 or the Gangstar series, but it has SO much content, extremely varied missions, and ridulously large replay value. This is because not only is it an open world sandbox game, but of all the sandbox games on the app store it has the largest map, and the most amount of things to do in free-roam. I didn't really like it at first, but once you get into it you'll be amazed at the sheer amount of detail and content. But as far as graphics and being close to the real thing, Dead Space is also console quality. It gets pretty repetitive though, and I'd call it "frightening" rather than "scary", but at least there's a survival mode in case you get bored of the campaign.

8. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Oops sry didn't see you had already mentioned Dead Space...in that case Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy is awesome, and as others have mentioned look into Galaxy on Fire 2 an MC3. Or wait till N.O.V.A. 3 comes out.

9. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    IMO, I can't disagree more. The game is not bad but the nature of it is just a compromise of ds hardware. And I would say it's far from 3-D GTA series. You can run faster than car in that game which is pretty stupid and the touch screen make the game even worse. Anyway I won't name every single reason why this game is not great.
    I would say Gangstar rio is best GTA genre game in app store.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I strongly disagree. Gta3 has FAR more depth than that copycat knockoff. Rio has repetitive missions, CRAP voice acting, and dumb police AI. Gta3 far surpasses rio in every department. It's map is far bigger and more intricate, and it's even highly moddable (using iexplorer and img editor - see the TA forum on that).