Universal Shattered Planet (RPG) - (by Execution Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 10, 2014.

1. yury1975

yury1975 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    How have you killed him? It seems that it is immune to all my attacks (I have tried weapons with different additional damage effects)

2. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    As I recall, I used Crystal Hammer & Face of Justice (80's RoboCop dome) to beat Datalog boss. Always a devastating combo.

Slight chance I may have used Vertebrum Est sword instead. (Just don't try that weapon on the next mission boss!)

Can't remember type of damage Crystal Entity does, but use consumable defenses prior to triggering it (Stoneskin spray, etc.).

Hope that is of some use.

3. killerjaws

killerjaws New Member

Apr 4, 2014
    #83 killerjaws, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    I've killed the Crystalline Entity (The Datalog Boss) numerous times now.

Crystalline Entity stats:
    Attack: 46
    Health: 75-77

I can usually kill it in 2 hits depending on how much strength I have accumulated. My base strength is 33, wits 22, health 170. I use Vertebrum Est sword for +25 strength + 3 fate, and the Welding Mask for +10 strength +20 wits. This nets me a strength of 68. Combined with some potions I usually face the Crystalline Entity with 75+ strength and kill it in 2 hits. Both my sword and helmet are 50 crystal items.

If you don't have enough strength but you have a catapult potion, a bug in the system lets you catapult off the edge when you are on the boss level. I usually stand 2 tiles away from the edge. This actually gives you the mission reward, and puts you back on level 1 with minus 30 health, where you can scrounge for more potions and events to increase your strength. It means you can't get the briefcase though, which is the main attraction for me in the Datalog as it nets about 150-200 scrap.

Oh and small tip, use the briefcase to get the scrap, before you get onto the teleporter, so that you can take at least 3 other items back with you. Make sure you have no more than 3 though after the first time you defeat it, because otherwise you won't get the mission reward box (first time you just get the 40 crystals). As it is you can get 4 items from a mission, 3 stay on you, 1 appears in your ship inventory. So my mission reward usually appears there. :) another bug is that if you leave the game on an 'Onwards' screen before 5, turn it off, and turn it back on again, it sometimes seems to think that this is the first time you've completed the mission, and rewards you with the crystals. But when you get back on the ship, the mission reward case still appears in your ship inventory. So that's cool... :)

4. killerjaws

killerjaws New Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Those are some excellent strategy tips. Thanks! Only thing I can add in terms of turrets is... Pets. Pets kill turrets. :)

5. yury1975

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Yes, I have finally killed Crystalline Entity!!!

Gonif, Killerjaws, thanks a lot for your help.

And now new boss is waiting for me :))

6. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Good luck and, again, do NOT take a Vertebrum Est sword on the next mission! ;)

7. killerjaws

killerjaws New Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Congratulations!! :)

8. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Except the Crystal Entity pet. It's bugged and won't move. So, it can't help with turrets until fixed. Worth noting.

9. yury1975

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Sure :)
    Second boss is really piece of cake after you take amulet of yerden. To kill him faster I like to destroy it and the whole room by Shatterer :D

10. yury1975

Mar 31, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Fate

Btw, is there any way to permanently increase your Fate?

I tried Oracle Fragrance but it increases Fate only for 1 mission.

11. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Why does the update require the latest version of iOS? Some people can't update their OS. It's very discouraging to change the app minimum requirements on the bug fix patch. Leaves me with only app deletion and petulant whining as a course of action. Nothing cooler than a grown man pouting...

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So even after this latest patch the GC leaderboards are still not functional, right?

13. tanyaxshort

tanyaxshort Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Game designer
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi guys! Thanks for all of your feedback and discussion. I think my favorite part of being a designer is seeing strategy comparisons for my games. :)

Anyway, I am mostly posting to let you know that we updated the iOS version to fix a bunch of bugs and optimise the heck out of it, so it should run much better. Plus an item-saving issue in the hub, so it's kinda important. Please update. We changed the requirements in the update because we actually never meant to support the older iPod Touches, original iPad, or iPhone 3... but we made a mistake allowing them, so now we can't go back. It was really hurting our rating to let people download it -- sorry to anyone who feels excluded.

ALSO we just released our Android version today! So if you only have an old iOS device, maybe try it on your Android devices!

Bug report responses (for quicker turn-around, check out our site forums:
    * Crystalline Entity (Orb) AI and Good Mood buff will be fixed in the next update (1.43)
    * There is indeed no way to increase your Fate permanently.
    * Leaderboards aren't functional yet, look for the next update (1.43 -- we'll skip 1.42, which was the Android launch build)

14. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if purchasing the gem tripler also removes the ads?

15. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    I think so. I bought the gem tripler a while back, and I don't recall any ads...

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Yeah, no more ads after I bought the gem tripler too.

I do get the odd pop-up to rate the game and another that shows they've released the PC version. Wished those would only show up once, honestly. Otherwise, I'm having fun with the game. It's a grind-heavy rogue-like but it has a lot of charm and it's fun to play. I happen to enjoy slowly getting more powerful and working my way to the top.

17. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    I'm starting to find it pretty grind heavy as well... hoping for some more events to pique my interest again...

18. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #98 Jorlen, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    I can't put this game down.

I must have spent over 10 hours on it already which for me, is record breaking for an IOS title.

I love the visuals, the audio, and the brutally soul destroying difficulty. The only IAP I've used still, is the crystal tripler. Now that my guy's persistent stats are higher, it's easy to get enough crystals to get the gold crafting options every time and I have a full inventory of stuff.

The game has a lot of subtle humour, like pop-culture references and I think the guys who made it must be my age, or around my age.

I wish this game wasn't IAP free to play though, because I think the PC version (from the looks of the let's plays I've watched) is the best one. I know it's priced at $15, but I would gladly drop $15 on IOS for a full version of this game, but seeing as I don't game much on my PC, that version doesn't interest me.

EIther way I recommend any roguelike fans check it out and stick with it at first, you won't be able to go far but once your upgrades kick in, it'll be night and day. I still get completely destroyed around level 10 in exploration mode, though! My record is 12 lol..

19. Rumblecat

Rumblecat Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Thailand
    Yeah, I've just started playing this and already sunk a few hours in- lovely presentation, style, gameplay is really enjoyable, the IAP isn't forced (like you I paid for the crystal tripler, but that was mainly as I wanted to pay something to the developers for the game)- it's a must play for fans of sci-fi or roguelikes.

20. Hcolon11

Hcolon11 New Member

Mar 26, 2016
    How to Completely Own the First Mission (Data Log)

Wear Galactic Helmet and wield War hammer. Crystalline entity attacks with electricity, and the electric field generated by the hammer can heal you. I finished the mission with full health. Easy way to farm items.