help with apps

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jman47886, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jman47886

jman47886 Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    i know this isn't the first thread like this, but i need some help on getting a new app. i have been looking at paper toss world tour, doodle jump, defender chronicles, crazy choppers and aqua globs. some suggestions would be great.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Of all those games the deepest and most polished games is Defender Chronicles, the others are good for playing for 5 minutes at a time but DC takes up to 15 minutes just to finish one round. So I'd go for that because it's great value for money, although if you're not good at TD games you might get frustrated.

3. jman47886

jman47886 Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    thanks alot, but does the game have alot of replay value?

4. Combzzz

Combzzz Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    ya it does

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think so, I only got it yesterday so I haven't done much. But you get to level up the stats of your general and you can buy him new armor and weapons. There's also a shop where you can buy bonus stuff (in-game money obviously) and a free play mode where the enemies are random. Quite a lot of content and they're still making updates so it can only get better.

The people in this thread probably know much more than me:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=15367&highlight=defender+chronicles

6. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I second Defender Chronicles. I suck at TD games, but this one actually interests me enough to play it. I've unlocked the master difficulty on the first two maps so I am getting better :) I am pretty much addicted to this game, it is a steal at .99. One of the few games I actually play more than 2 or 3 times :eek: play it at least once a day and for at least a half hour or so. (compared to me being totally ADD and playing like 20 games for 1-2min each, LOL)

7. jman47886

jman47886 Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    thank you for all your feedback i will be getting defender chronicles.

8. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Aqua Globs can be played for much longer than 5 minutes (it takes 30 minutes to score points for #1) and can be played over and over again. Just have a look at reviews on iTunes and websites ;)

I can give you promo code for aqua globs if you're interested, just because you were thinking about them and I think you'll like the game ;) PM me.

9. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    aqua globs, globall, spider: Bryce manor, geo defense (very hard), Cartoon-wars, Gomi, Isotope, harbor master, MINIGORE, and Pocket God are all great apps.

EDIT: LOL, aqua globs is bold?!