Age of empires would be nice.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shinodan, May 29, 2011.

1. Shinodan

Shinodan New Member

May 29, 2011
    I had age of empires on my blackberry haha, but it the ipad i think it would be awesome! Was looking at command and conquer but so many people were giving it a bad reveiw.

2. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    I agree. I'd love to see Age Of Empires III on the iPad. With multiplayer capability. The touchscreen of the iPad would suit it wonderfully.

3. Shinodan

Shinodan New Member

May 29, 2011
    If they can do it on a blackberry then surely the ipad is a perfect interface for it!!

Yes MULTIPLAYER would be the best ever.

4. Tommy_jr

Tommy_jr Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Age of empires 2 would be perfect I still play that game

5. kenkin34

kenkin34 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I can't agree with you more. But just wonder could this dream come true in near future? AoE (any editions) has just been ported to NDS and Blackburrey. Although no other platform suits such game except a device equipped with a large touch screen like ipad, the game totally sticks to MS windows OS. Is there any channels we can express our demand on porting AoE to ipad? Turst it could steal the No.1 app easily once it released in app store!! :D

6. Malfhok

Malfhok Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Freelance video
    IL
    Looks like the Blackberry port was done by Glu. They've done iOS games, too. Maybe sending a petition would do it?

7. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Land Air Sea Warfare!

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Definitely! Always looking forward to a new RTS on the iDevice. Someone definitely needs to make a competent middle-ages based RTS soon. The Settlers by Gameloft just doesn't do it.

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Love age of empires myself although I do tend to go a little tower crazy and just keep building. Would be nice to see a version of that or empire earth even. I think the closest one so far has probably been Starfront at least in playability terms.

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Holy shit! You played empire earth?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dude, what was your name????? I beasted that game plus Art of Conquest (the expansion) for 5 years before moving on from PC gaming. It's no doubt my favorite RTS of all time.

11. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    More stuff that would be nice on iOS:

A REAL Castlevania game

Anything by nintendo

Updates for the Commodore 64 app

The Android market

A digital Steve Jobs who convinces you to buy the current gen Apple software when the next gen is right around the corner.

12. nathancho

nathancho Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    College student
    Denver
    I thought AoE shut down and wasn't making anymore games? They canceled their last game after they had announced it and all... But a port of AoE 2 ahhhhhhh that would be siiiick!

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Not at all. The first and third sound okay, but the other two...just no. This is the iOS. Lol, won't even go into the last one.

14. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    No Castlevania does NOT need to be on the iOS.
    I love that series but it wouldn't work, they would really mess it up.

15. nathancarolina

nathancarolina New Member

May 28, 2011
    or even better

Masters of Orion II. This would be perfect for iOS due to the turn-based activity. Man, if the port was quality, I'd pay full price for a MoOII iPad universal client.

16. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Ensemble Studios was closed by Microsoft and Gas Powered Games took over AOE Online working with Robot Entertainment-several developers from ES moved to Robot-(see http://ageofempiresonline.com).

Ensemble was an awesome development group, IMO.

17. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    During the whole iDOS tumult a while ago, when they got Warcraft 2 running, I was really hoping someone would get AOE 1, if not 2, running. Alas sadly not.

18. DrNub

DrNub Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    The Great White North
    A game like Homeworld 2 would be great for the ipod or ipad. Heres a few pc gameplays, the game can be modded A LOT the bottom shows a gundam modded version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcfbRXjrhk&feature=related Original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RYCVxKxxxA Gundam

The fact that the game was made a long time ago, I think the original homeworld was made in 1999 its pretty nice. It may look really chaotic for the first video but its actually not, the whole game takes in a 3D space map and its all RTS.

19. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    #19 lurtz6, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
    Someone doesn't get satire...

I am just saying, and I have lobbied a lot for Castlevania, which WOULD work on the iphone, that we can want a lot of games for iOS, but odds are, it will never happen.

20. exalejo

exalejo Member

May 18, 2010
    My House
    You people wont get any AOE in ipod. I have the original AOE for my winmobile and let me tell you itsnot a fake, or clone, it was developed by microsoft game studios and ensemble studios in 2003. Its a port of AOE gold, and its awesome!