Possible real racing 3 from EA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Defiance211, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Defiance211

Defiance211 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    This weekend EAmobile announced that Need For Speed: The Run for iOS has been cancelled, EA states that they want to focus on a much bigger racing experience for iOS and that further details about their upcoming racing game will surface in the next months. Could this be a real racing 3? sequel to real racing 2 by firement(obviously). This year EA aquired Firemint, and based off the trailer for NFS:the run, it seemed that firemint was involved in the project(physics and graphics wise). I must say that if EA and Firemint work on this project together we could see a remarkable game, wether it be a racing sim or arcade racer. EA's known visual customization and performance upgrades seen in nfs shift, along with Firemint's beautiful graphics,well done physics, and properly modeled cars seen in real racing 2 is exactly what the iOS racing community needs.

2. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    No. It's not. They said it was party of the 'Need for Speed' series. That said it could be by Firemint / a Real Racing 3 might be possible, but it's not the one your talking about.

3. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I would also put money on if/when Real Racing 3 is released, it will be freemium...

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Why? This is EA, not Gameloft. Note that it'll probly have some iAPs (wouldn't be surprised), but I doubt if it gets released it'll be freemium. EA at least isn't releasing new quality games as freemium, they make separate series' for those. EA>Gameloft in that aspect.

5. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    I would encourage everyone then to stop purchase anything from them.
    When the whole world does this...

6. smes3817

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I suppose that's right. It probably won't be freemium but I'm sure it'll be loaded with IAPs. I just hope they won't be detrimental to actual gameplay. EA is better than Gameloft nowadays but they're not completely off my s***list:

*New 'Tetris' pricing model(s)
    *Pulling original games when sequels (or REreleases) are released to encourage purchases

7. Defiance211

Defiance211 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    What about a need for speed thats equivalant to real racing.

8. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    taking a seat in this thread for more information!

I doubt that the game will be a freemium but it'll probably cost around 6 bucks.

Regardless the game will be EPIC!

9. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    None of Firemint's IAPs are required in any of their games. They're totally optional and you won't lose anything if you don't purchase them. So I don't know what you're worried about.

10. ChrisK

ChrisK Member

Dec 26, 2008
    It's an EA title... if by some magic it turns out awesome it will somehow manage to sodomize you while you play.

EA has such a long and consistent track record of consumer-hostile practices even prior to their iOS tomfoolery that I won't patronize them ever again. It's a bummer, cause they have published some decent games since I swore them off in 2004, but I don't want to reward their behavior. Missing BioWare's games is the toughest sacrifice, but it's not like there aren't enough games to play without funding Peter Moore's next yacht. They will occasionally swear they are going to stop acting like jerks, but within six months they'll be at it again.

Real Racing 2 HD is $1 right now, too, BTW.

11. smes3817

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    You do realize that RR1 and RR2 were developed and released well before Firemint was acquired by EA. RR3 will be the first in the series that is being created under the guidelines of EA's management. Firemint will have some, but very little, choice as to what pricing model the game takes or what kind of IAPs are included. THAT is what I'm worried about...

12. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    But their updates since have been under EA management.

13. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The last two Need for Speed games, Shift 2 and Hot Pursuit, appeared to sell like crap with Premium pricing. Hot Pursuit then seemed to sell well for a significant period of time at 0.99c. I doubt this fact justified, in the end, the overhead. I don't see why they would can a premium version of NFS: the Run now, only to come back with a premium version of the next NFS, believing that it would somehow fair better? Maybe that's exactly what they are going to do, but logically, it doesn't make much sense.

Nor does another iOS-only Real Racing, developed by Firemint and published by EA. Nor does a iOS-only NFS developed by Firemint and published by EA. EA, NFS, and multi-platform go hand-and-hand. EA publishing a mobile racer that could compete with their own franchise doesnt make sense. EA making a NFS that doesn't appear on consoles doesn't make sense. Firemint being hired to create the mobile version of a console NFS being developed by someone else. I suppose that might be possible.

EA has 5 Freemium games in their catalogue now and they took a Freemium approach with Tetris and they've been utilizing IAP for most of their games for a while now. I believe that a Freemium NFS is the best bet. If you've played NFS World, you know the model already exists.