IAP - How much you spend?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gov, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I spent about £20 or so on Galaxy on Fire 2 HD on Android at first I didn't mind buying the addons as I had the game on my iPod and thought I knew what to expect I even bought some starting credits so I could get back into the game quicker.

I was incredibly naive and didn't reckon on the way IAP's destroy actual games, yes it's the same game but it's been ruined by things like them making trading (the core part of the game unprofitable) essential items like tractor beams have jumped up to 150,000 credits which at the start means long long grinding and not enjoying the actual game.

Basicly they have destroyed the game just to try and sell extra credit packs it's the worst thing I've ever seen done to a game I actually liked if you searched this forum enough you would have seen me say fishlabs was my favourite developer. No longer.

I think the only IAP I've never regretted was the extra campaign for Sentinel 3, Ironically that was included for free on android so I guess at least that is a little karmic.

2. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Zip, Nothing, Zero

I will buy a good game if its a decent price (£.69p to £4-5) and don't mind doing so if I know the game is good and has no iap or other crap.

Freemium games I do play but play and then delete, I have never and will never buy any iap at all!!!!!! I see freemium developers as leeches on the appstore looking for stupid people and gullible children to leech money off, I treat them with the contempt they deserve. download-play-delete.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I pretty much feel this same way, though maybe not quite as strongly. I have a couple times paid a couple bucks to unlock a full version of a game, or a couple times i have bought coin doublers. Will never buy consumables again though. (I have before and very much regret wasting my money, even more regret supporting those cheap ass tactics)

4. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I rarely let myself get carried away, but I'm also not afraid to buy into IAPs for games that I legitimately enjoy. I think the most I've ever spent on any game was $5-10 max, on things like Tiny Tower, Nimble Quest, Heroes and Castles, Hero Academy, etc.

I prefer IAPs that contribute to my game in some permanent, like a boost to gold earned or an interesting unlock that ADDS onto the gameplay.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nothing for a long time

I buy a lot of IOS games every month (about $50-100) and i'm quite happy buying games at launch price (i dont tend to wait for price drops)

But IAP's ? Nope nothing.