Goblin Heroes : Modern War - Official Thread -

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MF3D_Dev, Jun 12, 2011.

1. MF3D_Dev

MF3D_Dev Well-Known Member

I am working with a rim shader for the characters to have a satin effect and give more integration in the enviroment.

The image shows the new effect added (to characters and weapons) : left: without shader -> right: with new shader effect.

Cheers friends!!.

[​IMG]
    By mf3d_dev at 2011-06-15

2. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    this game keeps looking better :)

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    ^this

4. Norml

Norml Member

May 27, 2011
    This game looks pretty sick, Goblins, oh f*ck yes.

5. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I probably wont get it. The whole reason I liked it was because of the ww2 theme.

6. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Game looks great.

One small annoyance (for me at least): the control pad and fire buttons' don't look very good to me for some reason. I think it's because the colo scheme just doesn't match well with the brown colors of the game.

7. BrandonH.

BrandonH. Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Texas
    I probably will get this game, because of the modern changes made to the game.

8. Waylander13

Waylander13 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Looks brilliant :) instant-buy i guess.. :)

9. Looks like a generic Battlefield clone only with goblin models instead of human models.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow looks very cool! :O

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Why don't you just call every modern day fps a battlefield clone then?

12. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    yea, I hate it when people call things a clone because they have similar gameplay or a similar theme.

it's funny cause this can't be a battlefield clone cause that's an fps. this is a tps. and it has goblins. and it's mobile. etc. etc. etc.

13. Stop for a moment and look at it: they didn't even bother to change the scale of the world and the objects in the world to coincide with the shorter stature of the goblin protagonists in the story.
    See how human-sized big that hummer is? The tires?
    The art style has Battlefield written all over it whereas other "modern" FPS games differ in their art style with some major/minor changes, effects, and features that separate them from each. It's not much of a separation but it's there.
    They should have gone whole-hog with it and adjusted the scale, used different looking vehicles and created a whole new "modern" world with a twist where everything feels familiar and sometimes looks familiar but is used completely differently or just looks weird.
    Take the M4s they're all using in the game: why use M4s? Why not cross an AK-47 with an M4 and create a weapon that "feels" familiar but is still different enough to make it seem weird.
    That's one hell of a hook to pull off in a FPS shooter. The only other FPS I've seen that made it stand out from the rest was Exo Planet with gravity-free jumping and the grapple hook. Of course, even that was lifted from Quake II's "Grapple Mod" and some user-made outer space QII levels - but no one had really done it since Quake II so good on them.

14. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Look at my sig quote by der-kleine :)

15. Bluez

Bluez Well-Known Member

Wow this game looks great, looking forward to buying this!

16. MF3D_Dev

MF3D_Dev Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone friends for your comments!!

Thanks Der-kleine and Phattestfatty for your posts about the style of the game.

Of course i have influences :), but are in general, for example you can say that looks like battlefield or modern warfare 2,of course, but really i take ideas from different games, really the game is a third person shooter in a modern war enviroment with goblins like characters eheheh, this is my idea :).

Cheers friends!!

17. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Well I think every game is similar or is influenced from other games. So, why are people thinking that this game is a clone of battlefield if I can say that battlefield is a clone of something else?

18. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew it had to be the formally (working) titled Crazy Goblins: WWII.

Cannot wait for this one!

19. Waylander13

Waylander13 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    It looks original enough :) and soo beautifuly graphicly :)

20. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Are you saying if a game trys to have a realistic looking art style it's automatically a Battlefield clone? Why not call all cartoonish games clones of each other? All cell shaded ones? (...)

And just because Military Vehicles look like that and a big franchise of course wants to have propper looking Military Vehicles no other game can have the same ones (that type of vehicle can also be found in the Call of Duty games)?

Next, the scale. If the goblins were tiny it would take alot longer to walk from point A to point B and things would look wrong. It wouldn't be as much fun. What is gaming about? Fun!

Last, the weapons. Look, every Modern War shooter has mostly the same weapons, so why are you complaining that this one uses them too? (It's hard finding an FPS that doesen't have an AK 47, lol)