Low Cost Music for games?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fxoasis, Jan 23, 2013.

1. fxoasis

fxoasis Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Hi All,

I have been getting music for my simple games at AudioJungle and would like to know where others are getting their music. Trying to look for an alternative.

Thanks!

2. chenpo

chenpo Active Member

Check out Melody Loops:

http://www.melodyloops.com/

I was pretty happy with what they offer, and the pricing and licensing terms are very reasonable. All the music from my latest title was from there.

3. J. A. Whye

J. A. Whye Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Game Dev (tools & tutorials)
    Alaska
  4. fxoasis

fxoasis Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Thanks guys. I'll check them out

5. djskinner

djskinner Well-Known Member

We actually got ours done for free by contacting Music Technology departments at local universities asking for students who would be interested in producing game sounds for a game to be published on the app store. The response was phenomenal and the results impressive. I frequently get complemented on the game sounds.

Take a look at our thread here for more info: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=171794

It's worth a shot. By doing this we didn't just get customised quality game sounds done for free but we also have continued our relationship with that students and will be using him again for any future sounds we need developing. Lucky for him he'll be getting paid from now on!

6. I use Premiumbeats.com. I always buy tracks that has loopable sections in them, then I'd just cut them into two parts. Part A being the non-looping intro that lasts 5-30 secs and Part B being the main loop that lasts up to 2 mins.

7. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    That's up to 250$ a track (for a commercial app) ? (still cheaper than custom made)

8. It's been $30 with me.

9. fxoasis

fxoasis Member

Jun 30, 2012

Thats an awesome write up of your game production experience. Really appreciate all the details. Thanks!

10. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    30$ it's for a Free app with no ads and no in-ap purchases (see the licence). So an app you can't make money with it.
    If you make any money with your app, you can get some troubles.

If you do a Full free app why not.

11. Looks like I bought my music before they added these terms :)

I bought 30 tracks by the way~

12. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    We've used Pond5.com and found a lot of good clips for our app. It's royalty free and very affordable.

13. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I use services from this guy: http://grogon.com . He provides me with music soundtracks and sound effects for my games for a longer time now and I'm more than happy with the prices he gives me and his support even after games are released (help with trailers or updates and other small things). I appreciate the quality and personal contact with him. So, as you can probably guess by yourself now, I can recommend it to you.

Have a nice day:)