What do you think when you see the Unity or Gamesalad logo in an app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SunriseMoon, Feb 27, 2010.

1. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    What do you think when you see the Unity or Gamesalad logo in an app. I'll go first:

Usually, the Unity logo for me denotes that the game may have not been made well. I was actually looking through the files in some games (I'm jailbroken) and I was surprised to find that high quality games like Doodle Bomb and Tipoli were made in Unity! I guess that proved me wrong...

For Gamesalad, the logo usually means low quality apps. I have been proven wrong in some apps like Danger Squirrels, but for the most part, seeing Gamesalad logo in an app to me gives me that "Facepalm, why did I buy this" feeling...

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    When I load up an app and see the Unity splash screen, I know it was take longer to load. Games with unity are usually bulkier and have longer load times :(

3. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Usually when I see unity, I say "NOOO! DAMN YOU!!!" But when I played Samurai: Way of the Warrior and Bloody Xmas by Madfinger Games, I was spellbound. Those were some of the coolest, smoothest and most polished graphics I've ever seen on an iPod game and they were on Unity. So I guess I shouldn't be talking.

Personally, I haven't played any Gamesalads.

4. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I think "okay, this was made with unity/gamesalad"

5. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I think it's kind of annoying to see everytime I open the app, but other than ghat I dont really care much

6. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I mean what does it mean to you that a game was made in Unity or Gamesalad?

7. Ravensword is an awesome game, built with unity. The load times are very good, too.

8. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

I don't see the unity logo for long because the game usually crashes right away.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, for the most part me too. As mentioned above, Ravensword is a step above the norm. One other instance Eco Punk: the game is fabulous and plays ultra-smooth:)

10. sk8er4life84

sk8er4life84 Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I think logos are cheap. The maker of the game should spend more money to buy full versions. What annoy me the most of the openfeint thing when you have to register.