POLL ATTENTION~How many levels/stages do you believe is enough for the 1st release?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TapMad_D, Feb 21, 2011.

?

is 60 stages enough for you in the 1st version?

1. cool, 60 stages is enough for the 1st version!

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. nope, you've got to work harder!how many is enough for me? read my post below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ummm, i only care about the quality and creativity there, doesn't matter how many stages you have.

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    hey buddies,

it's been awhile~~~how you guys doing~ :)
    now we are working day and night on our 1st game and finally we settled all the items, mechanisms and core gameplay, and 60 stages as well.
    then here comes a question. is 60 stages be enough for a 1st release game?based on my design, the current 60 stages will be divided into 4 art themes, each stage will take you about 1-5 minutes to finish(from 1st try to proficiency). counting in some extremely weird(LOL) stages, guess you will spend more time to perfectly clear them. for the update schedule, we plan to update the game at least once a month, each update will add 15 more stages into the game.
    if you have other ideas on the stage number or any requirement, please feel free to share with us. because it is a game for you. so you decide what you want.

looking forward to having your feedbacks!

cheers,
    David
    CEO
    TapMad

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Doesn't matter for me. Just has to be fun and creative. But, 60 sounds very nice. Especially if there are going to be updates every month. :)

3. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    Crex, thanks for the support!! our aim is to beat the birds!!HAHA. be with us on the way~~~

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    As long as it's fun and leaving you craving for more, it surely doesn't matter heheh.

5. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Definitely. +1

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Tht sounds about right Dave :)
    We'd Love to see some artwork & vid if available to Show off :D
    who does not love a sneak-peek?

7. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    HAHA, you bet, Ultimo.
    i like sneak-peek too!! but for now, we only have those complicated level designs. our artist has started working on the art styles to match the game. hopefully i will update you guys in about 2 weeks or so. i am soooooooo eager to show you guys the genius ideas too!

8. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Nice!! Start up a thread in the upcoming games section if you haven't already and post us some updates!

9. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    surely i will. :)
    i guarantee we will polish the game again and again before release. and during this process, i definitely will need you guys' help. will summon you then!

10. 60 sounds just about perfect for the first release. There should be a good balance between quantity and quality though, as others have said.

11. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    if i could, i would pick he bottom one and the top one. 60 is a great amount but it really need to be creative. :D

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    60 is more than enough to me.

But, depending on the game, (I'm obviously not saying this is true in your case) player could get bored after say 45 levels. Then they wouldn't care too much if extra levels are added as they still have the ones they gave up on. Keep it short and sweet and leave them wanting more.
    How about 30?

13. TapMad_D

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    brilliant!
    thank you very much for the feedback! we will add this situation into our consideration and make changes to some level design to make it short and interesting.