Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    How big is this installed with all episodes?

2. september

Sep 14, 2012
    This is quite the laggy game in places which is a bit disappointing, story seems not half bad though.

3. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

2.3 gb

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    That's a lot bigger than I was expecting, thanks for the info.

5. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I just finished the game, and I almost cried at the end of EP 5, this game is a MASTERPIECE.

The tension, the choices, the guilt, the sadness, the desperation, it all translates wonderfully from the comic to the iOS.

Aw I feel for Clem, I wish I was there to look up for her as well, THAT's what this game does to you in terms of immersion... amazing.

Cannot wait for season 2.

6. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    I am at the end of chapter 3. I cannot recommend this game enough. The emotive power it has and it's constant forcing of difficult moral choices are staggering. It is so close to the tone and feel of the original comics too. Wonderful (though very grim) stuff!

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just played the first 30 minutes of Walking Dead. Holy shit. I see what the buzz is all about now.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Shame on you for not playing it sooner.

9. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I'm guilty of that too, It even looked boring to me until I played it, now I can't wait for season 2.

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Never been interested in the horror genre. Actually, I downright hate the genre. I've never seen the show due to that reason. So, I definitely didn't want to drop $25 for a game of that genre. Probably will now.

11. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Can we hope subtitles in others languages, like French for example ? :confused:

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I don't consider this conventional horror, you may disagree but the draw of this game isn't the horror (though it's definitely prominent) but the characters and the interaction you have with them. Trust me, later episodes will shock you and might even put you close to tears. It's hyped like this for a reason.

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Just a heads up, if you post something related to the story of the game, please use the spoiler tag. There are still others that have not yet played it.

14. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    This goes for pretty much any game-specific thread: either use spoiler tags or create a separate story/puzzle solution discussion thread in the General Forum. There are few things more annoying on a gaming forum than not being able to read a thread to get info about a game because the whole thing is full of uncensored spoilers potentially ruining everything. :p

That said, the bit where Rick turns up riding a dinosaur and dual-wielding helicopters to take down zombie Hitler is a pretty outstanding moment.

15. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    I just finished chapter 5. Easily one of the most powerful gaming experiences I have played. Incredibly emotive stuff. It just nails the feeling of the comic but amplifies it through the interactivity. I can't recommend it enough.
    Incidentally I have discussed my experience with a mate at work and we have had pretty different games based on ur decisions.
    I also have never experienced guilt for my actions in a video game before. Brilliance!

16. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Should I get the rest of the episodes or get all of the Telltale gamest that are on sale for 99 cents each?

17. ioahaij

ioahaij Active Member

Apr 11, 2011
    #557 ioahaij, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    i do agree this is one of the best game i have played this year ( even thro i have only played half of the first epd but i cant take the frigging cane from clem! )

18. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    When that glitch happens leave the game exit to menu start up the app and you should be fine

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, that depends on how much you enjoyed the first episode...doesn't it? Does it seem like something you'd like to see through to the end? If so, that's your decision made...nice and easy. :p

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just grabbed eps. 2-5 for $15 with the credits my little bro got me for Christmas xD. $15 for the whole game. Pretty awesome deal. Can't wait to play through it.