Best mp set up(dont post pissed posts)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zombie_dance, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Zombie_dance

Zombie_dance Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    So im bored to tears and im curious about whats the best multiplayer set up in a game like a rank system or something that kind of rewards you for playing but no eliminate pro.

2. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    The best reward for playing would be 'fun', but since that is ephemeral and usually not associated with an achievement, I'd say probably NOVA. I like Galcon, but I don't think it has a ranking system ...

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    From your post the only game that comes to mind is Eliminate Pro.

CoD:WaW:Zombies is a fun multiplayer game as well but you don't move up in rank.

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    actually it does, it assigns each player a "level" (captain, admiral, etc) based on his/her number of wins & losses. I think there are leaderboards on the galcon site somewhere..

5. Zombie_dance

Mar 5, 2009
    I like eliminate but when im out of energy i get soo bored. Also the controls suck zombie has the best controls but that one map is boring now mainly because ive played it everyday since the hour it was released. :D

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere

Oh, definitely go for Nova. Best MP for me. While there's no ranks or anything, there's Gameloft Live achievements and an online leaderboard. The maps vary alot and the gameplay is awesome. Plus it has a great campaign, and as a total package is worth 7 bucks.

7. Zombie_dance

Mar 5, 2009
    But i really am worried about getting it then not liking it keep in mind i HATE halo.

8. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I'm not the biggest Halo fan ever (those nerdy fanboys really help influence my opinion..) but this is one of my favorite apps out there. If you hate Halo because of the crowd it attracts, get NOVA. If you hate the gameplay that much... Well... You may want to try to get Sandstorm working online. Gameplay is almost identical to Halo, except Iactually like NOVA better... A rip off better than its influence.

9. Zombie_dance

Mar 5, 2009
    I hate halo cause of the crowd and gameplay thats why i got a ps3 abut thats also because free online WAIT im about to make a console war! But im worried nova will get boring to fast cause nothing to unlock or work twards.

10. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Gameloft Live has tons of leaderboards/ achievements and the online has one leaderboard but it's kind of stupid.

11. Zombie_dance

Mar 5, 2009
    Oiy nova is just so expensice im worried it might suck imo.

12. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I thought the same thing, and I hate halo, but I bought it and actually quite like it!

13. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I personally love the Eliminate set up, it keeps me playing the game . Homerun Battle also has a similar set up but the cheap DLC kind of hurt that one for me. Something like MW with a perk system would be nice as well

14. Zombie_dance

Mar 5, 2009
    I really want some saints row kind of game on thd ipod but that will never happen :/
    Butid lke to throw a second question in just to know. Whats the best sandbox game.lastly person above me ur not alone i want a game with a perk system to.

15. jbone1337

jbone1337 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    i have to say anyone who thinks halo is a bad game is an ignorant water head.

I know its a game with WAY too much over-rating and is no where near the best, but its not a BAD game in anyway. It did have good storyline,4player split screen online(and still the ONLY game i believe that has that). forge n theater which no other games have. Its truly a unique game. ya i hate ALOT of things about multiplayer, but still no reason to say it a terrible game and stay away from it like a plague.

as for the nova game, it is a game similar i guess to it in terms of chars,weps,ect. But at the moment its the best fps online for the iphone/itouch. Debating on whether or not to get it based on it being similar to halo is just ignorant. In a way eliminate pro is kind of like halo, but its not halo and not made by any bungie devs and neither was nova. So you can get it or keep playing eliminate and wait for another FPS to pop up.

16. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    i cant play nova multiplayer because i dropped my phone in the pool and it still works but i cant connect to wifi for some reason, but i can still play eliminate :p

17. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    gangster is a suprisingly good sandbox game, gamelofts ripoff gta game. However i found out that there were several other gangster games made by gameloft for other phones.

sorry for double post

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I'm not a big Halo fan either, I actually never really found it that fun [except for using the Needler(?)] the stupidest weapon ever, but so much fun to use lol :D

But I've really enjoyed Nova, the campaign is great, there's achievements to unlock, and the multiplayer is always a great experience. Since the day it came out its maintained a spot on my front page.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Ok, well there's a leaderboard of the best players, so there's something to work for. There's also a lot of achievements that incorperate online multiplayer, along with singleplayer. And you don't get too many of those nerds who play Halo all day and brag about how it's the best even though we all know that Time Splitters and a million other games are better.... well, there I go again... Either way, NOVA's better than Halo. Yes, I just said it.

20. Zombie_dance

Mar 5, 2009
    Any other good sandbox games? But leaderboards never are that fun to me most people at the top are hackers, cheaters, and people who wont move untill they are at the top of the leaderboard. Also hows crusade of destiny?