Rate my app store screenshot, is picture in picture a good idea

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ThreeCubes, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Just want to be cheeky and ask for the general advice over the app store screenshots we are thinking of using. Its hard to get the right brightness levels as it is a dark game but we want people to be able to see it in the screenshots still. The game is going to be tier 1 pricing (0.99).

[​IMG]

The Woods app icon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We are doing something similar to show the depth of the game and a range of features. Your game looks like it benefits from a similar approach.

However, be careful you don't try to cram too many screenshots onto a single image.

Also, consider dimming your background a little so it punches out your text more.

And looking at your App icon, I have a feeling it will be too noisy when on device and won't read well. You might want to test that. I'd probably look to make the pentagram more the focus, and create a stronger silhouette with the tree (get rid of the leaves and just go 2 tone with tree and background).

3. outqube

outqube Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    App Developer
    Canada
    I would agree the pikpok and think that the text could use a little pop as well as dont cram too many images on 1 screen shot.

Overall the graphics seem pretty legit!

great job!

4. Silverous

Silverous Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think visually, the presentation looks good! But i do agree with them on the font. Maybe.. try Red color font that gives off the sense of danger.. or some other color to present darkness.