Tegra 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I doubt it.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #22 bramblett05, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    Well there is shitware in iOS but iOS has come a long way from where it first started....

Now we have scam games lol

But we are finally getting great games on iOS. Don't know how it is on droid side

3. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #23 earthclaw, Jan 7, 2013
    The nexus 7 Tegra 3
    portability of a 7" tablet,highly customizable. With a OTG cable you have usb support through apps,and almost unlimited storage. Flash Player :D A few games for tegra,but more comeing NVIDIA/Google backed.

The Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet Tegra 2

An all around best tablet i have owned. Android OS or Windows 8, depending on models. Full usb support via usb slot.sd card support. The most accurate digitizer pen i have used (compared to several other wacom digitized tablets.)
    If you draw,write etc..you will love this tablet. Good things too numerous to list,check out reviews/website.

I do not hate my ipad,(overpriced toy) I just wish apple would actually listen to there customer based ideas...(usb support,sd card support,digitizer etc..

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

A totally sincere question here, do you understand who Apple's customer base is? The reason Apple hardware does so well is because it becomes ubiquitous with the average consumer who just wants an "iPhone," "iPad," or, previously, an "iPod"- Often preferably whatever the new one is.

I promise you, of the people who are creating the daily mosh pit inside of your typical Apple store, you'd be incredibly hard pressed to find one who cares about most if not all of those "missing features" that the Android camp likes to rag on so hard.

It's actually sort of amusing to watch, as Android hardware by and large is still being sold with spec sheets like you're buying a PC. It's like they're all trying to out-Apple Apple while completely failing to realize why the iPad/iPhone/etc sells as well as it does.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #25 JBRUU, Jan 7, 2013
    I love Apple for the most part. But the mini vs the Nexus 7? I'd go with the Nexus 7 any day were it not for the AppStore. It has a better screen, better specs and is cheaper. IMO the iPad mini was just a cash-in. And people bought it. And it isn't going away. But it's a ripoff compared to what the Nexus 7 offers, app selection aside. You have to admit that a ton of Apple products are just plain overpriced. $30 for a lighting adapter? That's complete BS.

The primary, most compelling reason to go apple is the AppStore. Specs, screens, even OS can all be debated and go down to personal preference more often than not.

6. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #26 earthclaw, Jan 7, 2013
    I totally understand where you are comeing from, but as a technology stand point , its all just a fad. A society that rushes out and buys a name. If we are not pushing forward, we are standing still. Then hence others rushing by. But if I recall , this has happened to apple before. That is why there are way more PC's out there today.

P.S. You know you want a digitizer on your ipad :p As it is right now..its like finger painting with you fingers in wet paint..

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I say on this I'm happy with my iPod touch 4 I don't go for "new" when in 6 months the new is gonna be "old" makes no sense that a newer model computer can play newer games that don't ask for much in processer or graphic cards but a iPad 3 just came out then here's the 4 and oh wait now mini.

The App Store is great but I feel sorry for the people making them in the shops with the fenced off windows.

8. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Uh oh, better specs yes. But better performance? No! And the screens are almost the same. Ipad mini might actually be a tad more sensitive. Ipad mini wins in build quality.

Last time I didn't buy ipods because of the iTunes which frankly is a pos. Now I relegate ipads to the sub bench due to apples walled garden policy.

Eli, don't mean to be rude or anything but not all of humanity needs choices made for them. Ironically, Steve Jobs called Microsoft the big brother in a tv ad....now apple themselves are acting like big brother.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I'm not suggesting that they do, and I'm not sure "Big Brother" means what you think it means in this context. Apple has gotten portable computing to the point where it's as simple to buy as a TV as the only real purchasing decision someone who wants an iPad has to make is "How big do I want it?" compared to "OK what OS do I want, what chipset do I want, how much RAM do I want, do I want an on-board stylus, do I need a micro SD card or just a SD card, blah blah blah."

It's cool that you guys want all the colors of the ports and peripherals rainbow in your mobile devices, you just need to realize that the mass market never has bought things based on spec sheets and feature lists and probably never will.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #30 JBRUU, Jan 7, 2013
    Simplify, simplify.
    - Apple business philosophy

I acknowledge that, for the "masses" it works very well. But for a more advanced user I'd appreciate having access to the file system and a little more control on the software end of things. I still don't get what the hell is wrong with theming and anything like SBsettings. Or display recorder. Or something like Barrel or folder enhancer.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

That's why Jailbreak exists, and likely will always exist in some form as long as iOS devices are a thing. If you want that extra ability to tweak, it's only a few clicks away for anyone intelligent enough to read the simple instructions for the process.

12. Nope, I'm implying that Project Shield will be DOA. This would be lucky to do Vita numbers if/when it hits the market, and Vita is bombing in sales.