Universal Spellfall - Puzzle RPG (by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #281 ArtNJ, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    On the third to last area. Oddly, I haven't had any gear upgrades in ages and am only just now finally rejecting side grades. I have 1.1 million saved. Previously, I couldn't save anything there was so many tempting upgrades. Not sure if Nodnarb got his stuff before a change to the game, but my best armors are around 70-75 right now (which is why I am not spending on side grades).

I am finding the enemies without an elemental affiliation to be getting brutally hard. Everything needs to be fully charged before going into battle to be sure.

With the diminishing returns from life drain, I don't really know what to bring in the slots I usually use for resistance armors. I put 2 x level 3 armors in there, but that is only 10 armor. Maybe when I level them they will go to 7 or 8 armor each, I don't know. A type 3 heal might make sense, but I haven't seen one in a long time and I didn't buy it.

Tip for leveling runes is to find a boss that is now easy. I have one that I can pawn very quickly that always gives 3 rune points.

2. SeeleyCat

SeeleyCat Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    executive director of symphony orchestra
    Seattle
    I too was wondering if they made a change to gear offerings -- perhaps at the same time they made the recapture change. I have some good gear, but it all came from the past. I haven't come across anything good to buy in quite a while. I'm not even coming across stuff as good as what I currently have. I initially thought that was because I completed all the sections. However if that was the case (given what they've said) I would think that completing recaptures would then bring up good gear.

3. SeeleyCat

May 9, 2014
    Seattle
    Some had previously said that our Spellfall games could not be transferred to a new device. However it can. My game transferred to my iPhone 6 just fine.

4. Moviemobl

Moviemobl Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Retired
    Weapon

Which is better in selecting a weapon? To combat the enemies weakness or its element?

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I believe you want to equip the counter weapon. For example, equip plant to battle energy.

Some people did an excellent damage analysis back somewhere in this thread and may have come to a more nuanced conclusion.

6. Moviemobl

Moviemobl Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Retired
    Thanks. That might make a difference!! I will be selecting another gold rare sword soon and never know which to pick.

7. devsop

devsop Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Does anyone have the order that you should buy the 20 day swords? I bought the energy sword first and it has been great because most of the enemies in the temple of water are weak to it. What should I buy next?

8. Kankui

Kankui Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Next is the Water Sword (weakness) because their element is fire.

1. Energy
    2. Water
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. ???

Anyone else fill us in?

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #289 ArtNJ, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    The boss of the third to last zone is really hard. Even with three fire gems on your armor, he hits incredibly hard, 22k per hit. Just tried a slightly different configuration, and it was 24k per hit.

He is beatable, got him to 800 health, but I'm having trouble motivating to keep trying or level to 22.

Probably I'm supposed to have the water sword and use it on him (he is weak to water). But I missed a day of log ins and don't do the clock cheat.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Anyone have any feedback on the update that came out today? I'm hesitant to update because I've been logging in for the daily reward since the day I got the game. Just wanted to make sure it was all good.

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #291 houseofg, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    It kept my place on the dailies.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks, houseofg

13. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm still having fun with this game two months later. Would not have called that.

14. SeeleyCat

May 9, 2014
    Seattle
    The new update has significantly reduced coins received from completed sections. :(

15. Spinsbee

Spinsbee Active Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I have so many coins at this point I'm not sure that it matters. I have like 800,000 coins right now. The game is a bit more difficult now for me though, which is actually a good thing since I haven't had much of a challenge lately.

Some new content would be nice though.

16. Moviemobl

Moviemobl Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Retired
    Have they changed the bonus coins we get for conquered territory?
    And, what is this moon/sun thing? Since this is my first time trying to complete the map I've no idea if it is new. What does one use for sun to weaken the enemy? Or armor to block the moon?
    I don't see much difference yet other than the bonus coins w the update.

17. Spinsbee

Spinsbee Active Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I'm getting less coins now from conquered areas. Getting more coins now from winning fights.

There is a chest button at the top of the screen near the area's name whenever I'm in an area, and it takes you to an IAP that says it is made for that area. I'm not sure what you get from buying it though.

The corrupt enemies have the moon, so I assume that means corrupt element. And they're weak to the sun, so I assume that means light since the light claideahm has 'corrupt slayer' on it.

The haste and convert potions are a bit more expensive, but the enchant potion seems cheaper.

Some enemies are a bit more difficult than they were before, I used to steamroll fight after fight and now it's a challenge. It's actually more fun that way IMO.

Also when I use my claideahm against a monster weak to it, it now does extra bonus damage at the end of my turn. I'd never seen that before.

There might be more, that's just what I've noticed in the last day.

18. Moviemobl

Moviemobl Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Retired
    Thanks, Spinsbee.
    That makes sense. Some monsters have been difficult but I'm almost done with the map. This area and one more is all that is left. I've not missed a day and will get my 3rd sword today. No idea which to select. I've got burning and ice so far. I noticed the extra points using the right sword... Nice. Just not enough swords yet. (I don't do the time thing)
    I opened a chest but was unimpressed. A level one critical rune and an odd armor that was weaker than what I adorned. Ahhhh well! Had to try. Haven't spent but a buck and certainly have enjoyed the game.

19. Spinsbee

Spinsbee Active Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #299 Spinsbee, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    With the difficulty changes and everything else, I'm tempted once I finish this map to start a new character on a different save slot, it might feel like a different game now.

20. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    It keeps telling me to upgrade my runes. I have searched all over and cannot figure out how to do this. Anyone?