app tracking, ranking website

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by McJaws, Dec 2, 2009.

1. McJaws

McJaws Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Does anyone know of a website that can help determine the ranking of your app outside of the top 100? I remembered seeing a site where it would tell you depending on the category your app is in

Cheers,

2. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
  3. McJaws

McJaws Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    helpful but not quite. Something similar but the one i remembered had more ranking information

Thanks!

4. I had checked out www.mobclix.com before. It gives much larger range of rankings, but I have no idea how they are determined or how accurate they are.

5. mromanuk

mromanuk Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    And what about http://www.topappcharts.com/ they have great info there, is trustful?

6. tjbuick

tjbuick Active Member

Sep 3, 2009
    It's still in beta, but www.apptrakr.com tracks the popularity rank of all apps direct from itunes... not just the top 200.

7. mromanuk

mromanuk Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    hey tjbuick, well done nice website. You will have to improve the UI, these colors drive me crazy :)

8. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    This is slightly unrelated, but still sorta related, but does anyone know if there is a website that let's you check the status of a submitted app?(like when it goes from "waiting" to "in-review") - or is this information only something that is available to the publisher/developer?

9. tjbuick

tjbuick Active Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thanks mromanuk,

As you can tell, I'm not a web designer :) It may not look pretty at the moment, but most of the functionality in there on the site and in the core scripts that pull data from itunes, so anyone can use it to find the popularity rank of any app (except for books... I'm not doing books at the moment!). I'm still working on it obviously... I just have to get around to REALLY fixing the UI. I guess you don't like the blues and greens... :)

This info is only available to the owner of the itunes connect account. In apptrakr, I tell people to create a secondary "finance"-only account, so my scripts can access their sales data, but I couldn't login and access anything else.