Wake up Mr. Moore! - Paid to Free for Christmas

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by TheMoonwalls, Dec 22, 2012.

1. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Wake up Mr. Moore! (iPhone/iPod Touch, and iPad versions) are free for Christmas :)

Check out our other games here: The Moonwalls

Enjoy!

Wake up Mr. Moore!

Wake Up Mr. Moore! is a challenging gear-based puzzle game, complete with intuitive controls, vibrant visuals and a sens…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Wake Up Mr. Moore! is a challenging gear-based puzzle game, complete with intuitive controls, vibrant visuals and a sensational soundtrack that will remind you of all your favorite cartoons!

To win, you have to be resourceful and keep an eye on all the obstacles and difficulties that will be laid in front of you – rusty alarm clock parts, broken gears, electrical malfunctions and others!

MEET MR. MOORE AND LEARN MORE ABOUT HIS PERILS!
    Mr. Moore is a middle-aged white-collar worker, who’s favorite pastime is sleeping until noon. His boss has had enough – if he shows up late one more time, he will be fired. Mr. Moore has been late 29 times this month... and it’s barely the second week!

Who’s responsible for all of this, who is the man behind the curtain, scheming to make Mr. Moore lose his job? THE ALARM CLOCK! That malicious beast has had enough of ringing in at 7 o’clock in the morning... It decided to rebel and keep breaking each and every day.

As the best watchmaker in town you have to be vigilant and make sure that Mr. Moore will keep his job... So you decided to move in under his bed, and – armed with nothing but spare gears - fight the rebellious alarm clock, help Mr. Moore overcome his laziness and put an end to his history of getting late to work!

ENJOY OUR MANY ATTRACTIVE FEATURES!
    • Vivid visuals and an amazing soundtrack reminiscent of the world’s greatest cartoons!
    • A likeable protagonist and his ever-broken alarm clock!
    • Long hours of fun!
    • Lots of levels to choose from... with even more coming in free updates.
    • Varied difficulty levels, from casual fun to ones that will demand your full attention!
    • Compare your scores to other watchmakers from around the world!

Don’t wait, buy it now and join millions of other players attempting to wake Mr. Moore up!

*** Become a fan on Facebook: TheMoonwalls ***
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 06, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Wake up Mr. Moore! HD

Wake Up Mr. Moore! is a challenging gear-based puzzle game, complete with intuitive controls, vibrant visuals and a sens…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Wake Up Mr. Moore! is a challenging gear-based puzzle game, complete with intuitive controls, vibrant visuals and a sensational soundtrack that will remind you of all your favorite cartoons!

To win, you have to be resourceful and keep an eye on all the obstacles and difficulties that will be laid in front of you – rusty alarm clock parts, broken gears, electrical malfunctions and others!

MEET MR. MOORE AND LEARN MORE ABOUT HIS PERILS!
    Mr. Moore is a middle-aged white-collar worker, who’s favorite pastime is sleeping until noon. His boss has had enough – if he shows up late one more time, he will be fired. Mr. Moore has been late 29 times this month... and it’s barely the second week!

Who’s responsible for all of this, who is the man behind the curtain, scheming to make Mr. Moore lose his job? THE ALARM CLOCK! That malicious beast has had enough of ringing in at 7 o’clock in the morning... It decided to rebel and keep breaking each and every day.

As the best watchmaker in town you have to be vigilant and make sure that Mr. Moore will keep his job... So you decided to move in under his bed, and – armed with nothing but spare gears - fight the rebellious alarm clock, help Mr. Moore overcome his laziness and put an end to his history of getting late to work!

ENJOY OUR MANY ATTRACTIVE FEATURES!
    • Vivid visuals and an amazing soundtrack reminiscent of the world’s greatest cartoons!
    • A likeable protagonist and his ever-broken alarm clock!
    • Long hours of fun!
    • Lots of levels to choose from... with even more coming in free updates.
    • Varied difficulty levels, from casual fun to ones that will demand your full attention!
    • Compare your scores to other watchmakers from around the world!

Don’t wait, buy it now and join millions of other players attempting to wake Mr. Moore up!

*** Become a fan on Facebook: TheMoonwalls ***
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 26, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year :)
    Marcin Makaj,
    The Moonwalls.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks. The last giveaway ended up as an iPad game (my family only has iPhone & iPodTouch devices) but this one I can try out.

3. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I tried playing this earlier. Production values are pretty high. I like the art style and theme of the game... but like the one review said on the AppStore, it's hard to line up the gears because your finger is in the way. It's also hard because the gear can be perfectly in place but if it's off by 1 pixel in any direction it just won't work sometimes.

I think y'all need to work on this one a little more. It is hard to get 3 stars in the levels not because of the challenge but because of the nearly broken controls.

It has potential... everything else is so nice... just get someone to fix the controls. It would be nice to have an option for a passive touch... where you could see the gear... but if it just allowed a little more fudge factor in aligning them then it would be much better even if your finger hides the gear. Sort of like how Geared (by Bryan Mitchell) is.

4. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #4 Appletini, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    Yep, this one can easily become frustrating, depending on what you're doing. The thing about positioning the gears is that the game takes into account the gears that have already been placed, and will only let you put down a gear if you physically approach and drag it in from an angle that wouldn't cause the gear you're placing to cover one that has already been placed. If you do this, you'll find the gears don't turn red, and you'll consistently be able to put them in position without trouble.

The problem is that if you just try to do the most obvious and intuitive thing - simply put a gear down right on top of the peg on which it should go - the game won't let you, and this has the potential to become very irritating very quickly. It's not actually an issue of pixel-perfect positioning, but that's how it appears because of the little "flashes" that make it look like you just missed the correct spot, when often you really couldn't have placed it at all. This aspect of the gameplay isn't explained very well in the tutorial.

I'd prefer just to be able to use the standard "put the gear straight on the peg" method myself, rather than have to do the fiddly dance that seems unique to this particular game, but I'll see if I get used to this one. Once I realised the trick involved, though, it wasn't hard to consistently place gears and get three-star ratings - there's definitely more room for error on the iPad, though, and it'd probably be harder on smaller-screened devices.

5. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Thank you for your feedback! Update with iPhone 5 resolution support, and control fixes should be available in January :)

6. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Appletine, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

Cool. I'm looking forward to that update.

7. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Bump, free for the last few days :)

8. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Using Appletine's trick I was able to finish much of the game... but there is a bug I keep meaning to report which has allowed me to get what I think is the top score in each level and sometimes full stars. I'll pm it over though so as not to ruin the game for anyone.

9. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I will be grateful for this info, I weren't aware that there is such "bug". Thank you!

10. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    No problem. Just sent the pm. Beyond the easy way to get top scores in the game and sometimes all 3 stars without earning them... there's a bug in the broken cog levels. It's all in the PM. Hopefully it'll help y'all sort out the issues and make the game better.