iPad Red Conquest - (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wootbean, Dec 12, 2009.

1. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Nope, the dev is no longer in game development, unfortunately, according to his post in the Blue Defense 2nd Wave thread.

2. james.b.kroeker

james.b.kroeker New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Man, I loved this game. I bought it when it was brand new and I wish they would finish it:(
    Oh well...,. I guess it will never be:(
    Anyone know of a good game that is similar?

3. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Then you should register your thoughts here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173267

Since you are clearly one of the faithful few. :)

Sadly red conquest, and the commercial failure thereof, is one of the reasons why I've been out of the community for so long. We made so little money that we just had to fold. :( Also, the project was enormous - we made a server that handled cellular phone latency and automatically forwarded messages on the fly if your IP address changed for goodness' sake! We pulled off a small indie house miracle, though now that sort of thing is just handled by Game Center. We couldn't continue to afford server costs, in general, so the tough decision was made to turn it off a short while ago.

If you are one of the many who want to see red conquest survive, make your opinion known in the above thread, and I will take it into consideration...

I'm back! Kind of. Part time, if you get me.

4. jakooistra

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    There's a poll here now and I want everyone who has played my games before to take it, if they care about getting more games from me. :)

This thread ought to be filled with people who care, right? ;p

5. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD Red Conquest and already voted. I've been out of the community for a while so I feel very sad I didnt get these news earlier. John, would it be TOO much work to at least try to balance the factions as they are now? Yea yea I know that multiplayer servers aren't there anymore. But at the very least, could you make the Green faction as it was when it first released? (broken but fun!) and Improve the Red faction? Cheaper units to make would do it. I don't think this in particular would be too hard to do, right? Just change some numbers...Hopefully?

I loved the game, even as it is now it's still cool. The unbalance in the factions is probably the only thing I feel is missing from this, other than that, I'm ok with you moving to something else :). If you could just focus on the balance for skirmish battles and stuff, that would be the best :D

6. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Also, let it be known that this is probably THE ONLY game that has never left my device, play it occasionally still. Other games come and go and come again :p. but this game, goshdarn it, i Loved it :)

7. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    The challenge missions are very fun to do. Also making teams against AI is a lot of fun.

8. jakooistra

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Oh my goodness, I absolutely love when these threads get resurrected from nowhere.

And the timing is interesting.

Kickstarter just came to Canada...

:p

Perhaps it's out of scope for this thread, but I'm thinking of bringing back blue attack and maybe updating all of my apps in the process - universal, retina, ios 7 game pad, you name it I want it. But I need time/money to do it...

Screw it, I'm going to create a new thread for that topic.

*leaves this screen while editing*

BAM done

9. C. Stubb

C. Stubb Active Member

Mar 10, 2013
    ...Living.
    On Earth.
    They're back!

10. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Oh wow. All of their games have been updated as 12/11/13. Time to finally dig in I guess. :D

11. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Turns out I didn't own all of these. That problem has been rectified. Thanks for the updates!

12. ashleywells2417

Dec 10, 2013
    Awesome, very fast and interesting.

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Red Conquest was updated? I left my phone at work. This is the biggest release / update news of the year.

14. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada

So true and funny at the same time, there have been so many awesome games released over the years but the news of these cat in a box updates is (for me) perhaps the most exciting this year. And these are just updates not even a new game release!

15. jakooistra

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    Hahahaha! You guys are awesome!

I just had my second baby 3 weeks ago, so I'm not really able to give you guys all the content you deserve... but I do want to give you guys what I can!

Basically, I'm looking at our apps and seeing what I can do with minimal effort that will make a difference to you. Things like widescreen support, that's not that hard. I can try to cram that in while looking after a newborn baby. :p

Let me know what you want, and I'll let you know if it can be realistically done in the near-term! :)

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    A conclusion to Red Conquest ;p?

17. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Congrats on the baby!! Hope you find a way to get some sleep!

Episode 3?! Actually I would be content with Universal for Red Conquest and finding a way to get some multiplayer interest happening again.

For Blue Attack and Blue Defense I wouldn't even request Universal (it may be just me but I don't usually play tilt games on the iPads, I find it awkward with the larger devices - so with the widescreen update I think those are perfect as is).

18. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #1398 JCho133, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Holy moly I used to LOVE this game. I got it for free from some promotion (free app a day I think) and loved it so much that I bought every other Red and Blue game.

Glad to see you're back, and fingers crossed for Red conquest 2! :D

(No pressure)

19. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Now all we need for this game is iPad support.

20. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Congrats man!
    Widescreen and Universal is a must these days)
    Please!