Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #2281 k1lljoy_89, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    I'm really looking forward to this now that I have an ipad.

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The developer will release the game whenever they feel like it.

You're welcome to post a comment about that (which you've already done) but there's no need to post multiple messages about it. The various posts have been removed.

3. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    So it´s like, everytime you play, and it does not need to be a new game, things will always be diferent, or like you said, impredictable, wich is awesome, not only for enemies but for puzzles too.
    And you guys are going to support updates with extra episodes, chars and all.. seriously, I cant say how thankful I am, cant wait the release now XD

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #2284 JBRUU, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Tato, you said the second video was coming in January. That leaves the implication that the first video is coming this month, right...?

5. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    Tato already said earlier that they'd make a video by the end of this month and btw give a release date!! It's almost there so we jst have to keep hoping until then we will be very soon fixed So please Idgeian let's not start this "this tread has been on the go for way too long now" stuff again!!

6. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2286 tatoforever, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    @JBRUU,
    The first video will come next week, hopefully before January 1 so doubters, trolls and troublemakers won't get feed. :D
    The second one i don't have an exact date because we are currently fixing some stuff before making them public, you know, we are trying to avoid feed trolls once again. But i can tell you it will come in January. :D

7. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Not a new game, while playing! Monster behaviors, spawn possibility, spawn locations always get's randomized but they still get serialized (ex if you kill that buddy it won't spawn again). Killing monsters also triggers others spawning events. They are also linking to primary and secondary quests. I mean, that's just some examples of our complex spawning system. The arrange mode (item/puzzles/riddles locations randomized) will come as an update.

8. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    So support 4G is not definitive at all, right?

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's awesome. One thing really grates on me with iOS games is that enemies will spawn exactly the same place at exactly the same time, and always act the same. Look forward greatly to that vid!

10. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I had no hope of acquiring this iPad any time soon, so I basically ignored this game, cuz I didn't even want to hear its awesome news, cuz I figured i wouldn't be able to get it.

Now that I got this thing, I'm pretty excited for the release.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Will there be a sequel called "Recalled Memories"? :D ;)

12. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    I've been playing Alan Wake these days, did you get any inspiration from this game too Tato ?

13. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    It's hard to say no because we got some bits of inspiration from AW (shadows, lights) but our biggest inspiration was actually RE3.5. :)

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I can't give details right now but the kind of plot we've been developing give us green light to create many sequels (directly or indirectly linked to FM) and due to the fact that our framework is finished it will let us create sequels even faster. ;)

15. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    The heart of our F.O.G framework is unpredictability (a key element to fear). Which creates different situations every time you play the game.

16. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    this game still isn't out??!

Seriously though, I remember following the thread long ago but in the end I lost interest since it never came out. However... a potential PS Vita version in the works has me interested. So good luck on the iOS release and with Sony!

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    And don't forget to play it at night in a dark room (if possible all alone). :D

18. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Tanks,
    Once we get something with Sony, I'll let you know through here.

19. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    Tato will there be voices ( in game) in the final built or just texts like in the previous video? Not that it really matters but just to know more about gameplay!

20. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah you mentioned it before. Its a great game (AW), and we have to thank RE 3.5 for it actually XD I just think that the fast paced combat sometimes break the immersion of the game.. but its my opinion though.