iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Is there a way to tweak the framerate? Feels kinda laggy on ipad 3

2. alan.hk

alan.hk Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    #1762 alan.hk, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    I have been using Paul and Hugo since the release, both as main and anchor. They are both great anchors but currently I am using Hugo as main more.

My Hugo is not very good so I'll pass my turn here. I'll only say most important is getting your distance right. I do two type of fake jump-ins: one is body press combo/throw mix ups, another more important one is jump without attack to lure shoryukens.

If you use Paul as anchor it is very simple, as by the time you finish your tag combo you already drained nearly half your opponent's life. Just remember not to use his super in tag combos, damage correction makes it useless. I found this combo the most damage without using any bars:
    [tag] > db+sp > K K > db+sp > d+P > sp
    The timing for d+P is very difficult, Jibba and kyorishin should have seen me missed several times in ranked... :(

Especially as anchor, Paul's bar are all used for cross counter and then tag back. But remember his cross counter cannot be used against jump-ins, you'll miss the hit.

If you are lucky to force a hard tag, instead of using Level max charge (super), do this combo:
    Level 1 charge SP > db+sp > b+P > db+sp > d+P > sp
    Nearly 500 damage without using any bar. But opponent must not be near the wall.
    The 3rd hit, use b+P instead of KK is very important, as it keeps the sp hit in the 6th hit (60%).

If you have 2 bars, replace the last 2 parts with d+sp > super and you'll get nearly 600 damage.

If you use Paul as secondary he is already in his best attacking range when tagged in. He is the worst in mid-long range, even weaker than Hugo, but close range duel is Paul's main strength. His way for pressurizing is more mind-game than Kaz-style punch count.

Try using more K-P-sp combo and sp when unsure, mix df-P and df-K when opponent is blocking. Every good players will be having an eye for df-K combos from Paul so you must confuse their blocks. If you do it correctly Paul is very hard to predict even for veterens.

[edited for typo in combo]

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #1763 VaroFN, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    I never ignore it. Some players turn to Pandora, and some other players just cross cancel. If their anchor is Heihachi, Paul, or any other char with great cross cancel, empty jump is the best option. That's the moment where I hate Hugo: I can't Air Raid due to his Backbreaker, and I can't empty jump due to his Press. Special Step and dashes are too dangerous due to Hugo's extra % (I think it isn't that big, but Hugo is still very powerful without extra damage, so...). When the partner gauge of the other player is empty, I just want to hit him with a special attack so I can start my corner game with Hwo. When my partner gauge is empty, I just cross cancel.

Nope.

4. dNastyee

dNastyee Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Hey alan thanks a lot, I now realize I've been playing Paul wrong this entire time, haha. Definitely gonna try him out again :).
    Just for clarification: what is 'bf'? And is there any difference between K-P-sp (kick -> punch -> special, right?) and K-K-sp? What do you mean by SP when unsure? Is b + sp (sway) useful? Hope to run into you sometime!

5. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I may upgrade my phone to 5, if I install the game on my new phone, do I need to do leveling back from 0? Also, do i keep all the unlocked p boxes, title and features?
    Thanks

6. I wish I could play this game with my new duo gamer wireless joystick. This game could use it for sure.

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Same here. I just suck with Paul, and I'm sure that the miniguide will help me a lot ^^
    I think bf+sp=Mortar Punch. Paul's punch after K has a cool effect: sometimes, it makes the enemy dizzy (just like a fully charged focus attack in Volt), so you can start another combo. I only saw this a few times, so maybe I'm mistaken. I don't know how to trigger that effect though. I know that it happens when the enemy tries to attack in the middle of Paul's combo because the word Counter appears.
    And yes, b+sp is really useful. You can easily avoid some short range attacks and use df+k to start a new combo. Also, it's faster than Paul's back-dashing.

Login into Game Center before opening the game for the first time, and it will ask you if you want to keep using your profile or if you want to start a new one. You'll keep everything.

8. mr_joe

mr_joe Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    when will this get iphone 5 support

9. alan.hk

alan.hk Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I just saw I had a big typo: all bf+sp should be bd (back down) + sp, sorry for confusing.

I will edit the post and answer your replies later today, as I will be without internet connection soon.

10. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    It seems like I'm running into a lot of Capcom bots in ranked lately. What human will press against the wall immediately once I throw a few sonic booms? I think it's a 'glitch' and I tested it; Double Perfects in ranked from all-day-SBs...WTF

11. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Never due to multiplayer support! The players must see te same portion of the screen!

12. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    If one person's connection drops, the CPU will take over. I don't think there are bots playing online. The connection may have dropped right at the beginning.

13. kyorishin

kyorishin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    Thrashed a level 99 rhoncader 3 games in a row! Woohoo yeah!!!! #

14. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Thanks for the insight Jibba sir.

15. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    I've played you, nice beating man if you remember.

I guess all these guys in top 5 just play 24/7 with no breaks? I think Ambitiouz Ridah is cheating somehow...

16. kyorishin

kyorishin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    Yeah I remember, you good. The top 5 virtually play the game constantly... I guess there is a cydia hack that they are using to cheat esp Ambitiouz... He is very lame when up against good players... Now adays when he comes across me a doesn't touch a button! Just waits there for me to beat him up, now what kinda coward is that??? #

17. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Should've figured it was another downloaded Cydia hack...I remember seeing the one on there for Volt, where they would get infinite BP and that stuff - worthless, but here people are trying to win a 'solid' reward in these tourneys...

Ambitiouz tried vs me twice, then gave up after that and just stands like a dead fish now too! Funny..

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I was searching the hack you're talking about and I found another one who gives the player infinite super and guys requesting save datas from other players to hack SP and coins. WTF.

BTW, I just made a lvl 4 inmense power player RQ after 4 won matches using lvl 1 iron wall gem. I love doing this :D

19. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    All the gold and max gems in the virtual world won't help some of these guys play I've noticed..

20. alan.hk

alan.hk Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    As corrected, it should be db+sp Mortar Punch. Sorry for that.

K-P-sp is more of a habit you should get into. K-K-sp and K-P-sp has no difference (apart from the counter hit case VaroFN mentioned), but K-P-X is much better than K-K-X. K-K-X will miss if the first K hit is further apart, but I tested that K-P-X never miss because your Paul moves forward on P.

That sentence might look strange, I wanted to mean use K-P-sp or just sp when unsure you can hit or not because they are both safe on blocked and cover good distance.

It is the effect of his heavy punch counter hit. It is not the reason I use K-P though but yes, it's cool :) .