anyone else have probs updated certain games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by renton, Dec 2, 2009.

1. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    i have had 3 games now that, when an update is available, i have to update it like 3 to 4 times..

right now im having problems updating 'hook champ'...

everytime i update it looks like its doing fine...

then when i check for updated games a few days later, i get the same thing that 'hook champ' needs to be updated again..

today i have done it 3 times..

the previous game before this was 'adventure jones'. it finally 'stayed' after 4 times of doing it..

anyone else have this problem, and is there a way to fix it? i looked at the games and it's always the same version...

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I have had this problem for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes it takes one update and other times it may take three or four. I am not really sure what the problem is.

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    That just started happening to me these past few weeks, too. It gets REALLY annoying and I don't know why some games need several updates. Anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?

4. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    even tho this is really frustrating, at least i now know it's just not happening to me...

so there is A problem, and i hope that devs that read this, and any apple employees that read this can respond in kind...

5. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    it happened to me with cliffed the other day.... but it lasted a week :p:p:p

6. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah the update ges through when you download it, it just doesnt disappear from the update section no matter how many times you download it.

7. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    yeah its happening to me now with Jetcarstunts

8. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    I've downloaded the update for 33rd Division multiple times, but it's still in my list. The update however was applied. Weird.

9. mbrew

mbrew Member

Dec 1, 2009
    App Updates repeating

Yeah, it's a quirky iPod/iPhone glitch of sorts. The update is almost always applied the first time around, but it continues to ask for it afterwards. If you can ignore the little red number on your screen, then no worries. :D It will eventually go away with time.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    At least it's better than when iPhone OS 2.0 came out, back when the store had just opened. I actually had one application update fail on me and proceed to thoroughly brick my phone. I had to get a new one from Apple.

11. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    it's happening to me now with pocket god (this is the third time I try to update it!).

12. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    it happens all the time to me with facebook

13. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    For jetcar stunts I get the error " this application can not work on this iPod touch" or something like that, but it might be cuz I j/b it. Can anyonw with JBC and a j/b iPod touch help me?

14. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    wow lol. When i got my iphone last xmas i installed like 50 apps and all 50 were in the update queue for a few months until finally apple fixed that glitch

15. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    wow! so this is happening to quite a few people!!! the worst game so far for me is 'adventure jones'... it just will not disappear...

'jetstuntcars' does the same thing to me as well.

but it's funny cause almost all my other games, which i have like 6 pages full, have no problems..

it's like a select few of games...around 5 of them that just refuse to update..
    sometimes i also have the problem where after i hit 'update' the app will just sit there and the update bar will not do a thing..

i have to reboot, my iphone, and try again..... very frustrating..

how does one get this to apple so they know about this problem?

16. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Happening to me with Doodle Jump and Mini Golf Wacky Worlds. Rather frustrating indeed.

17. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    WOW im not the only guy who have this problem today i checked for updates and there was doodle jump,Pocket God and ramp champ i updated all the apps and restarted my ipod touch then i see that the application store shows me that i dont updated doodle jump but i did!This bug really sucks i hope apple will repair it.

18. ngaiden

ngaiden Member

Oct 22, 2009
    It's happening to me as well. Apple needs to fix this bug, it's bad enough that itunes is so slow!

19. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    it happened to me with "Touch pets" . it took me 3 downloads to finally fix the problem

20. pixyone

pixyone Member

Nov 19, 2009
    NYC
    this has been a problem for me many times. I usually don't update it until a week or two has passed bc by then most likely it will be fixed.