Universal Bit Pilot (by Zach Gage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by stfj, Mar 4, 2010.

1. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    Hey guys, I wanted to announce my latest game, Bit Pilot. (I previously made Unify and SynthPond)

http://www.bitpilotgame.com/

"...If only there was an intense bullet dodging game for my iPhone/iPod with great touch controls..."
    Now there is! Bit Pilot. (it has great music too) (by the awesome chiptune artist Sabrepulse)

Dodge ever growing asteroids and lasers and collect powerups with fast and intuitave touch controls. Practice in easy mode, and than test your wits in tough as nails normal mode.

How long can you keep your Bit Pilot in one piece? Prove your worth on global OpenFeint highscore lists.

- Intuitve and precice touch controls
    - Intense retro bullet-dodging
    - Awesome music by Sabrepulse
    - 2 Unlockable tracks + More bonus unlockables
    - Eleven Challenging Achievements
    - Global highscore lists and ranking through OpenFeint

The game looks great in motion, so you should definitely check out a video or two on the website - http://www.bitpilotgame.com/

Attached Files:

2. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Love the graphics on this one.

3. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Looks awesome! Especially for $.99

Why is there not more discussion on this game?!

4. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm going to TOFTT, impressions soon!

Also you guys need to check out their website, has all kind of video!

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

If someone can, they should embed the video in this thread. I love the music in this game and like the style of the game. I am a little unsure about the touch controls but I am sure I will pick it up later today.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #6 drelbs, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    The music by Sabrepulse is indeed, awesome.

You can't embed Vimeo or QT videos here that I know of.

@developer - upload some of these to YouTube and embed them here!

7. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Aaaand, I am back!

Let me start in saying that this is the Canabalt mixed with Asteroids gameplay, and if you can see yourself enjoying that go get this game now, end of disscussion.

For the rest of you, You play as a small triangular ship floating in a roped off portion of space. You move your ship by swiping with one or two thumbs, one to move slowly in that direction and two to boost in that direction. They work extremely well, and add a level of precision that in seconds I was zipping around asteroids in no time.

The asteroids start off small, and grow larger every time you level up. Then you run into yellow pulsating asteroids that go from smal yo big and back again. Then there are red asteroids that are large and move quicker than the rest. Then they throw in lasers to really mess with you, preceded by a small trajectory line.

You have three shields circling you to start and lose one when hit by any obstacle (except running into the boundry of the level)

There are 2 power ups in this game:
    - a red/blue capsule that gives 250pts and an extra shield
    -a yellow/blue caple that gives 1000pts (basically a level up)

You earn points slowly by not dying, and the capsules.

Also this game oozes polish, from the awesome pixel graphics, to unlockables that are dangled in front of you each time you boot up the game (it tells how many points you need to the nect unlockable on the menu).

This game is a dream cone true to highscore addicts as it ranks you on your highest score, your local and global rankings (when online), even keeps a overall total of how many points you have gained ever.

The music is also a nice kind of upbeat track, which you can unlock more as you play.

You cannot play your music in game as far as I have tested, but I like the in game music so much, I have yet to try my own really.

You also start off with easy mode only, then unlock normal (the only other difficulty) after you score so many points in easy.

To sum it up, this game is a total steal at $.99. I mean Canabalt sold for $2.99 and this has the same kind of vibe (where you get in this rhythm to just go as far as you can) and unlockables, an extra difficulty, and maybe more. FOR ONLY $.99

So go on, get to the appstore and get this, now! (I want more people to compete against ;) )

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I agree with zztfox, this is a really good game. Touch controls work great, so there is no need to be concerned with controls. I do tend to just use my index finger though. Really cool retro game with excellent music and openfeint.

9. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, this is an awesome release that many are not paying attention to...

Oh, and the red meteors actually bounce of the boundary of the level, then turning into a regular meteor.

10. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    This deserves a front page article, no one is paying attention to this AT ALL...

11. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Looks pretty neat, I'll be sure to check it out.

12. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    #12 stfj, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    Thanks for all the positive reviews guys! Here's a youtube version of the trailer.

I don't know how to embed the trailer in this post :/ I havent used youtube much

here's a link though if anyone knows how to do that!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LbLVoRDm4U

13. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a

Just bought the game and so far all I can say is wow. Highly addictive and more intense than canabalt.

14. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    thanks for embedding the vid seishu. Glad you're enjoying the game!

15. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Love this game.
    Perfect style, unique and perfectly working control method, great soundtrack and the 'on more round' factor. I'm loving it. Thanks for this little gem!

16. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Glad to see I am not the only one enjoying this game!

17. Amateurlife

Amateurlife Member

Feb 12, 2010
    I'm absolutely addicted to this game. Thanks so much, Zach!
    Only 30 people on the leaderboard so far. :( hope you get some more business. This game is well worth the fame of canabalt... and even more.

So is "filipx" (Openfeint) on this forum? Killer high score, man. I'm "nathah" in 4th.

18. nsolo1717

nsolo1717 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    i had so much fun playing this earlier.....time just flew by and i loved every minute of it.....the control is so precise and it gets frantic but it just makes you want to go one more and try harder....thx so much for this gem

19. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    So who wants to take a screenshot of the OpenFeint achievements page in this game for me? :p

20. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Lmao achievement ho! :p