Universal Mines of Mars - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yes, you can upgrade how much you can carry.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Can anyone confirm if this is showing as free right now? I am looking at it on my ipad's appstore and it just says open since have it installed (since day one actually ;)), but it shows without a price when looking at the app list under Crescent Moon Games.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
  4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I was just gonna say the same thing. =o/

6. arreisig

arreisig New Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Same here. It happened to me twice already. Portal C is at 1200 feet and D at the same depth as A, around 500.

7. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I hate to say it but I believe this app has long been abandoned by its developer, so I don't think any other bug fixes or improvements are coming. Last update was March 2014. So well over a year. I know this because I've been following the game since its release and waiting for an improved version of the game before purchasing. Suffice to say it's still on my wishlist.

App Activity
    Version 1.06 Mar 29 '14
    Version 1.05 Mar 18 '14
    New App: $4.99, v1.04

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Sure hope iOS 9 doesn't break it. It's worth a play through, though, even without any more support. I'm kicking myself for not getting games before they got pulled from the App Store!

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game is free on my Samsung tab . The developer made it free to play on Google at store adding an add every so often when u craft an item . Nothing to make it suck . I see one once every hour maybe. Beat free game I've downloaded. The developer didn't abandon it he actually posted news about plans for it

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    When are we getting the update to match the free version? Im mostly excited about the MFi support.

It's taking a bit too long... I hope the paid version doesnt get abandoned.

11. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Ditto. After seeing the new free version, I reinstalled the paid version I have on my 6s. It still plays great, albeit a few bugs, but I am itching at the chance to try this new update! Please please don't abandon this wonderful game! Hope you guys are working on the issues and adding a lil bit of content for us loyal paid version people! Looking forward to it, good luck Crescent Moon!

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    An update is live -

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks for the tip... Finally, time to get back to digging martian soil.

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Damn. I gotta get back to playing this. It's still one of my fav iOS games.

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Me too!

16. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

The controller support is awesome, but pause functionality is broken when using the controller, which also means that save functionality is also broken with a controller as well, since it uses manual save now. Might want to check this out, Josh.

17. Markeg40

Markeg40 New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    End Game

First off let me say great game! I did live Metroid and this did remind me of it a bit although obviously not nearly as extensive. I did enjoy it a lot though and it was well worth the price.

I think I've done everything possible but wanted to be sure. I crafted all tools and guns. I got all museum items. I found all bots. I beat the last boss. My only concern is I only have 85% completion and haven't upgraded all the guns.

Is it possible to find upgrades for all guns and get 100% or have I done all I can do?

18. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    #438 LukeT, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    I started playing the game a few days ago and after crafting the colbalt pickaxe in the craft station appeared the rodhite drill, I keep playing but now when I went in the craft station the rodhite drill disappeared it is not available for crafting anymore.... Any ideas?

Nvm, Need the steel pickaxe, probably forgot to save...

19. IanShadowstreak

IanShadowstreak New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Bug

I just wanted to report a bug i found to be pretty distressful.

I bought the second portal upgrade and it spawned inside a dungeon, directly over a piece of the key. Where the block would usually disappear after defeating the boss, there is not a metal block blocking the entrance.

I already saved my game and it doesn't look like this is really reversible so will i be unable to collect all the keys now?

20. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Will there be update on the mines of mars? I found shooting and jumping very hard T_T