Flappy Queen

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kolip, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolip

kolip Member

Mar 9, 2014
    #1 kolip, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    So as u wish. Thanks for honest comments

2. Reticule

Reticule Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Isn't it time to give this up now? No-one seems to be getting that by flat-out cloning another game you just look devoid of imagination, and indeed conscience. These pointless apps still keep coming up. If not caring what people think of you is what you're after, then I guess you're fine. Such is my comment.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    While I'm sure you worked hard on this these clones are really annoying. I have to be negative towards anyone but by making these clones you are basically saying I just want to make a quick dollar and you don't really care about the App Store or game development in general. I would love to see apple ban all dev accounts that submitted flappy bird clones. In most cases these are the same people submitting all the other scam apps.

4. kolip

kolip Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Your comments influenced me

@Flappy_Queen: I pull out flappy queen from App Store. It would not go live.

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    No reason to pull something live but why not use your skills to make your next game something new/ different? It takes skills to make a game so you have that going for you use those skills for good. Good luck!

6. kolip

kolip Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Thank you. I welcome your comment. It is my inner voice too.

7. kolip

kolip Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Sake of Argument

Why Facebook after orkut. Why google + after Facebook.
    why android after iOS
    why samsung after iPhone

can you justify why can't a small indie developer follow the success path?

Should I care all the genuine comments?
    Yes I heartfully agree your comments.

8. Reticule

Reticule Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Your comparisons are inaccurate. I wouldn't call Duke Nukem 3D a clone of Doom, say, and I wouldn't call one smartphone a clone of another, and I wouldn't call dissimilar social networking sites clones of each other. They are clones of a concept, perhaps. But unique in themselves. Flappy Queen sets out to consciously copy another game, rather than a game style. Hence difference.

The success path is not copying a popular game which literally thousands of people, if my sources are correct, have copied before you. The success path is creating a popular game that everyone wants to copy. Which is more difficult. But cloning another title? I'd say that only throwing sacks of kittens against a wall would make a small indie developer less popular. So . . . make an original game that is fun or infuriating to play.

Anyway, it's good you pulled it and I hope to see what you come up with next.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    If you let criticism dictate your actions then you are no better than Nguyen. I'm not saying I like/don't like the game, I'm just saying make your own actions and live with your decisions.

10. kolip

kolip Member

Mar 9, 2014
    #10 kolip, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Excellent. I got it.

Queen will be back!!

11. kolip

kolip Member

Mar 9, 2014