Universal Pocket Army - (by Pine Entertainment Company Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 18, 2012.

1. champion64

champion64 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Student
    A place in, Canada
    Cool! I like the ice felix idea but i would say perhaps every 15 seconds theyll shoot a ball of ice doing slight damage but completely stoppingthe targets movements and slowing down the units around it

Thank you Champion64

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    That might make the game a bit too easy, particularly given the necessary strategies when fighting the generals towards the end of the game (the slower your opponents move, the more time you can buy yourself to recharge abilities).

3. Alligat0rbl00d

Alligat0rbl00d Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Hey guys

Any advice on beating campaign 151 general? i have inferno armor and sword with thunder shield. The general has thunder armor,dragon sword and shield. There isn't even a small dot on the general's health bar whenever my hero slashes. It's really frustrating to see that the general has like lower level equipments than me and kill me with ease. :(

4. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yeah that was exactly my logic in saying every 30 seconds... and not doing any damage. This could be ridiculously over powered if not done carefully. Considering angry felix ups your damage by 15% i was thinking it would be balanced to freeze enemies every 30 seconds. That's what play testing is for though I guess :- )

Honestly the strategy for all enemy generals is the same as the one I posted for Lucifer and then a few pages back for the campaign 170 (or 180? I forget) general. Feel free to check those out for my suggestions. If you have questions on that I'd be happy to elaborate but that's the best advice I can give.

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Because you can pass previous maps easily, so in Lava Map (from campaign 151), we take the campaigns more challenge than in previous campaigns, it means that you must lost more time to pass them. You can use 3 teams (VAN, MAIN, REAR) at the same time, maybe they will help you to pass these campaigns. :D:p:p

6. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Also get explosive revenge (or whatever that last ability in the store is called). It is a beast and does a lot of damage. If you can't afford it then start saving up and stop buying those units ;- )

7. Alligat0rbl00d

Alligat0rbl00d Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I got both grand cross and ultimate revenge. Ultimate revenge is the only skill that does a dent on the bosses lmao.oh and thanks for the tips. I saw 'em :) I tried doing 'em and managed to pull lucifer's health to half. Then I died lol need more practice.

8. champion64

Aug 11, 2012
    Student
    A place in, Canada
    Maybe there should be a survival mode! Infinite waves of enemies so good xp but every lil while there would be a boss which would be just. General.

9. champion64

Aug 11, 2012
    Student
    A place in, Canada
    I know i havent been the most frequent poster but id like to thank you guys, anton and andre for making this amazing game amd everyone else on these forums for helping me outwhenever i wasstuck. I finally got my first lucifer victoryso i was happy. I will admit pocket army is not my most played game nowadays but i still enjoy it and awaiteagerly the next update.

A VERY big thank you: Champion64 100th post on the 100th page

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I like this comment. And I sure that all of your posts are used in our thread. It take us know your love to Pocket Army, and it is one of reasons to to help us to improve the game in next versions. :):D:eek::p;):rolleyes:

11. Reekok

Reekok Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    New Update Out ;) thx

12. Reekok

Reekok Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Becoming the best player in a treasure chest game means collect everything without any demon ;) I was able to do this 2 times it is real luck :p and nice new potions

But this is the only new Quest?

13. Foxemerald

Foxemerald New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    For some reason on campaign 21, all my soldiers died exept for three when i got out:eek::confused::( 864085790 cs code also this game is AWSOME yet ifeel like theworst player:cool:

14. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I haven't played the update yet but looking at the patch notes is it true the only skill balancing was upping the damage of 3 abilities? I thought you were going to make them all percentage based off your stats? I'll find out soon enough but I'd be curious as to why you didn't go that route if you didn't.

Thanks for the update either way :- ) I look forward to trying it out.

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Because other quests have problem, so we have removed them in this version, and we will add them to the game again in next version, my friend. :)

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #996 Andre, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Did the soldiers who you deloy are your friends?

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Because in previous versions, we didn't create the skills based on percentage, so we will lose a lot of time to do it, Eflin. :(

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Dear all Pocket Army lovers,

We are glad to say that the new version 3.2.0 of Pocket Army is released on AppStore now, 20/12/2012.

Let's us open a little bit the update list, please feel free to suggest us what do you want to see more in Pocket Army.

Pocket Army 3.2.0 - Update Logs.
    - Add 2 new special potions.
    - Add new way to convert gems to coins.
    - More quests are added.
    - Increase amount of gems dropped by Abaddon & Lucifer.
    - Increase the power of Grand Cross, Holy Lighting, Ultimate Revenger.
    - Lower price of all rings.

We hope that you will enjoy this update and continue sending issues, ideas to improve our game in next versions.

Cheers,

19. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Woot! I'm downloading right now!

20. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #1000 eflin, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Well I dont mean to complain... I just want to give you honest feedback. This update is quite dissapointing to me. I'll break down why

1) The damages are still wonky. I realize changing everything to % base would be a big change but honestly I don't see it being a hard one except from a balance standpoint. The code for it should be quite simple. IT shoudl be a couple if statements... If you have any questions on the balancing part of things I'd be happy to help...

For typical enemies... you simply need to up their life to account for the extra damage we will be dealing. Right now they feel balanced so if we do more damage... they need a little more life to account for that (same is true of our army units... if enemy general is doing a little more... our dudes need a little more life)

For Lucifer and Abaddon... you just need to up their stats across the board a bit. Don't go heavy handed on the life though as they already have a ton. I'd rather the battle feel more challenging than more grueling. Right now it's more of can i survive x ammount of time before I screw up. If you up their stats they will take less slightly (from higher block) and do a little more... which should counter act us having souped up abilities... you also need them to do a little extra if our healing abilities are beefed up

For enemy generals... they are getting boosted just as much as us so let their stats and life ride as is. Just limit the # of times they heal per battle like I said.

That's it... not too hard really.

For balancing new abilities vs old... I'll post a list of every ability and a way to balance tomorrow.

Obviously it's up to you as to how you want to develop the game but the current system just doesn't make sense.

2) Increasing the gems from abaddon and lucifer seems like a poor choice as well. I still think the best answer is this.... it will appeal to the average gamer a lot more than you current fix.... and adress other issues...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2557207&postcount=831

3) Did you up the daily reward per the suggestion I PMed you? I guess I'll find out tomorrow... but I assume not based on your patch notes.

All that said, the ring costs is a much needed improvement and makes up for everything else by itself. Thanks for that!