Universal Grand Theft Auto III (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crex, Dec 14, 2011.

1. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah they were bad in the original too unfortunately

They corrected this fault for Vice City tho :)

2. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I don't think anyone knows yet.

3. kafinnoeman

kafinnoeman Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I've been playing this game since its release on 15th, I could say this game is awesome! I'm playing it on my iPod Touch 4 and it runs pretty smooth but there's still some lagging (below 30 fps).

So, will the developer release some updates that will improve the performance for those people who got devices that are slower than ipad 2 or iphone 4s? Do you see any chances?

Or today's version is the best they can do for older devices?

4. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I'm running with the latest ios 5.0.1

5. LordAbsu

LordAbsu Active Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    How smoothly does it run? I run my Touch "lean and mean", always closing background apps: is that how you run yours?

6. Bryght

Bryght Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2011
    -

Hi

How do you switch radio station while in a car ?

Thanks ;)

7. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Swipe your finger across the station name.

8. Bryght

Bryght Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2011
  9. Varyl

Varyl Member

Jul 18, 2011
    #509 Varyl, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    I do have to agree with each and every one of these points, with the one exception that I love this port, I think it turned out amazing even with all of those faults. But with that in mind I really hope the extreme success of this port makes rockstar decide to make a game specifically for iPhone, as if they have it in mind right out the gate, I think they could take the appstore by storm considering how expansive they make their games in comparrison to even their own mobile specific games.

10. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    #510 ltcommander.data, Dec 17, 2011
    I'm guessing with the success of GTA 3 Anniversary, they'll do a Vice City Anniversary for 2012. With GTA V expected in 2012, I'm thinking they'll be a mobile tie-in coming 2013. I'd expect Sony to put heavy pressure on securing it as a PS Vita exclusive initially, but just like Chinatown Wars, I have no doubt it would come to iOS and they'll probably have this in mind from the beginning so will design with both platforms in mind. Interestingly, the 2011 Apple A5 with it's dual core ARM Cortex A9 CPU + SGX543MP2 is basically half the PS Vita's quad core ARM Cortex A9 + SGX543MP4+. Granted PS Vita gets some speed advantage from close-to-metal hardware access, but a 2013 GTA V universe mobile title launching first on the PS Vita wouldn't have to sacrifice much visually to run on a 2012 Apple A6 and could potentially run better on a 2013 Apple A7 than on the PS Vita. The advantages of steadily progressing hardware vs. stable console specs.

2014 could then be San Andreas Anniversary, for a basically yearly mobile GTA release schedule.

11. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    thinking too much dude

12. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Hopefully with GTA III's success we will see Vice City next year. From a technical standpoint, both games are very similar so clearly the current generation of devices should be able to handle it. San Andreas again, from a CPU/GPU standpoint, again, I see no reason the current gen couldn't handle it, though support for earlier generations maybe even more problematic. People here are already posting problems that i would think stem from lack of available RAM, and the number of interior environments and the size of San Andreas may make that incompatible with anything earlier than A5 devices.

The bigger issue may be the file size of upcoming games. If GTA III is ~600 MB uncompressed, then Vice City should be ~1GB while San Andreas, maybe 2-3 GB?

13. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
  14. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    So I hear there is a church where the twin towers were, anyone know where that is?

15. Orli155

Orli155 Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    So you cant jump out of a moving car? I didn't like having to push my car off the dock on one of the side missions.

16. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Isn't that GTA IV?

1. How do I activate the siren?
    2. How do I do a custom playlist?

17. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Quickly tap the horn button.

18. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    From what I've read this seems like a very new service. Does it actually work? Seems too good to be true. I read some comments that it might be US only though. How many credits is GTA III worth? It seems one of the more expensive apps they have available.

19. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    #519 Taytay, Dec 17, 2011
    dont forget if you see a parked truck that says toys in da hood jump inside for the remote control car bomb missions & if your looking for a flamethrower just use the ramp thats by the underground trainstation & jump to the train platform above & keep riding slowly on the track until you see a building on the left side thats the same height as the platform get out your car & jump from the tracks to the roof you will see a flamethrower

also does that free gtatwitter thing really work it seems to good to be true & they ask for your apple id that seems to easy for a hacker to have access to your account & take your id once it has money on it ,but its best to pay the devs so their encouraged to bring more & better games plus 4.99$ is nothing for this great game gangstar was 6.99$ & not half this good or deep

20. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Yea it works. To be honest, I was really cautious about this, but I just gave it a try. I expected to be some fraud bs site, but when I actually downloaded the sponsor apps and got enough credits I downloaded Cut the Rope Experiment for free. Even then I was still unsure, I checked my itunes account and it said I got it for free. Then I got Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots so yea.

Its pretty awesome.