iPhone Spellcraft - Collectable Card Game - by Three Goblins Ltd

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 31, 2012.

1. markturner_goblin

markturner_goblin Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I think there could be some delay on gamecentre maybe. I have noticed they do not always update that fast.

2. markturner_goblin

Oct 1, 2012
    Yes you are right the decks do have more of 4 of cards.I think steve wanted to keep them theme based, so for example one of the wildwood ones has at least 6 wolf packs .Level 36-40 AI decks also have 3 colours, but I have yet to face them as I am only level 29 at the moment.

3. markturner_goblin

Oct 1, 2012
    Hi,

Add me as a friend in gamecentre and I will give you some games.

my name is markturnergoblin

4. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    That were some really interesting and fun games. Thanks alot, Mark. Anytime again, it will be my pleasure.

5. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Mark, got another question:
    How did you get the "collect more than 30 different Forest and Underworld cards" achievements?
    I have all cards, but these two do not show as completed. So I wondered if they might be broken.
    Do I have to get the cards from a booster pack, for example?

Also, what happens when I get a card in a booster, of which I already own the maximum allowed? Will it just be lost, or e.g. get replaced by a different card automatically?

6. markturner_goblin

Oct 1, 2012
    Yes I have got archdruid and troglodyte achiements .These ones have always worked as far as I know.I will have to ask our goblin engineer about this one.
    At the moment it is possible to get more than 4 of each card.I sell off the commoms and uncommons of which I have over 4.We were thinking of making it so it isn't possible to get more than 4 of the same rare.Also another idea we have is to make a goblin swap shop where you can trade unwanted cards to the goblin dealer for cards you want.
    thanks for the games Sheinfell

7. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Darkling Assassin Bug - occurs with other barriers too

Hi Goblins,

I just got the Darkling Assassin bug with a Drifting Jellyfish barrier against an AI D.A.
    So I can confirm it affects at least 2 different barrier cards, and might well be a general problem with AI D.A. against any barrier.
    Against minions it seems to work fine so far.
    Unfortunately I did not get a D.A. of my own up against an enemy barrier yet, so I cannot say if it is AI only, or also affects human players.
    Same goes for multiplayer, I did not see it there yet, for lack of opportunity.

8. awertos

awertos Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    very good graphics game is wonderfull !

9. markturner_goblin

Oct 1, 2012
    Thanks for that.I tested as well and it still lets me use its special ability on a wall, even though it has no effect.
    Also about not getting the collect 30 cards of one faction achiements, it seems our goblin engineer has solved this one and we will try and get both of these fixes in the next version.

10. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Good news, thanks alot for the heads up, Mark!

11. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Darkling Assassin Bug - Update

Hi Goblins,
    I finally had one of my own Dark Assassins up against an AI barrier, and I can confirm that the bug affects human players as well.
    So it is not limited to the AI, but a general issue.

12. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    @greymane48 (in case you read this):
    I most courteously tip my hat to you, as you defeated me soundly for - I think - eight times in a row now.
    Very well played, and I had good fun. Hope to see you around again soon.

13. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Steve at ThreeGoblins Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Game Designer and Teacher
    Tokyo
    Hello all,

Sorry I have been unable to respond to PMs and such. Just escaped from hospital.
    Hmm.. That sounded wrong.

Anyway, will be replying to all messages now.

Steve @ 3G

14. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Hi Steve, and welcome back!
    Hope you are doing okay and are recovering. Take your time, no need to rush anything.
    Best wishes, Shein

15. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #175 Sheinfell, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    The ranking algorithm could use some finetuning.

Example:
    Currently, a rank 48 that wins against a rank 24/25 gains 2 ranks, and the r25 loses 1 rank.
    The other way around, if the r25 wins, he gains only one rank; I cannot remember for sure if the r48 lost one or two ranks upon losing, but I think it was only one.
    I think it would be more balanced if the r48 only gains one rank when he wins against somebody around the 25 rank range.
    And for the ~25 rank range to gain 2 ranks if they win against someone of sufficiently higher rank.
    The same should apply to all similar rank ranges and rank differences, with some modifiers for the range you are in.
    E.g. a rank 10 winning against a rank 30 should gain more, say 3 ranks (and the r30 lose more), than a rank 40 winning against a rank 60.

16. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Thanks for your observations.

You were seeing a rather extreme example there,25 vs 48. Had it been just 2 ranks different, 25 vs 50, the higher ranked player would've won 1.
    That's the cut-off point.

These values are really designed around when pvp takes off, so players could both have large ranks. Happy with it for now.

Of course at moment, there aren't enough for regular pvp with random opponents yet, but iPhone release should greatly help.

Cheers
    Steve @ ThreeGoblins

17. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Incoming

We have lots of stuff coming soon over next month or two:

iPhone version
    iCloud storage so you can use your cards on your iPad or iPhone
    New artwork for a lot of the main game screens
    New artwork on a fair few of the current cards
    The undead faction
    A new kind of 1-player campaign

Busy busy laying the groundwork!

Steve
    http://www.spellcraft-ccg.com/

18. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #178 Mack the Knife, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    [​IMG]

i was so interested in getting the new faction i read right past this. can you expound a little on what this 1-player campaign is all about?

and, another thing...

hmm, a fair few means a significant number of cards will have new artwork. how often are you going to do this? not often i hope as over time i recognize what the cards do by their artwork. i know what Ruby Dragon does by the picture. i don't need to enlarge it. you change the picture and i have to learn it all over. again, how many cards are you going to change, why are you doing it, and are you going to do it very often??

19. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #179 Sheinfell, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    Adding my voice to Mack's:
    All the other things you mention sound great (and like you got lots of work on your plate), but the "new campaign" caught my attention the most as well.
    Will it be a "real" campaign, as in what you normally associate with it in strategy games and such (e.g. storyline, more details on the world, etc.) ?
    I would really like to learn more about the world Spellcraft takes place in.

Oh, here is an interesting idea, for the world and the game's artwork:
    Humans are a real minority in the card art, I actually remember a handful of cards showing someone who would most likely be human, everyone else is humanoid at best.
    Would be very interesting for a change, to see a world that can do completely without humans...
    And yes, I know this will be a huge bunch of work for your artist, but I still like this idea alot, to replace all humans with humanoids or beasts.

One more thought, spawning from the above:
    The Water card with the Pirates does not fit the rest of the faction, replacing it with an appropriate group of Tritons would round off the Water faction really well.
    I have something in mind, but cannot remember the English word for those scavenger type people, who lighted fires on cliffs and such, to lead ships to crash there so they could plunder them. Can anyone help me out here?

Edit: I just watched Dagon again, and would love to see a Deep Sea faction based on the undersea parts of the Lovecraft mythos. There is still room in the ocean to the south of the current Water faction...

20. Steve at ThreeGoblins

Sep 10, 2012
    Tokyo
    Hi Mack,

The campaign will be updated to include a few unique cards that represent special places, items or monsters. Sorry that's a bit vague. Essentially it's a way to add some variety to the 1-player campaign.

Changes to art: totally agree, visual recognition is paramount. Mostly these improvements are just enhancements to whatever is there now, so it just looks better. If you look at the undead faction you will see the quality raised. We want that quality across the board.
    There might be a few cards that get a revamp, but the image will be very recognisable.
    Are we going to do it very often? No, as our Artist would go mad. A card might get 1 facelift ever in a lifetime.
    The new backdrops (deck design,deck selection) are really nice.

Regards
    Steve @ 3G