iTunes 10.7.0.21 Redeem Code process changed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mrbiggles, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #1 mrbiggles, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    Now with the new iTunes version 10.7.0.21 using the Redeem Code process I'm unable to get a code I won from somewhere and test it without Redeeming it.

Now it asks for your password and says this code will be applied to your apple ID. It does tell you if its invalid or used, but if its Valid it doesn't prompt you for a password before redeeming - just redeems it.

The past version you could cancel entering your password again and save the game code for a friend etc.

Q: Anyone know how to fix this current version or if not what's there previous working iTunes version is?

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    A:no there is no way , use your i device

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    To piggy back on changes to App Store / iTunes... does anyone know how to gift from on your iDevice on the new version? Thanks in advance.

4. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    6.3 still works?

That's great, thanks Apple for changing things for the worse ;) again!
    Will have to test on my device using 5.11 and 6 now.

Should work as it did if I revert back to iTunes Version 10.6.3?

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I didn't realize it ever worked that way. Anyway, iTunes 11 is pretty good. The new iCloud streaming is great. Even found I had some albums I didn't realize I'd bought. LOL. Makes me definitely consider getting iTunes Match now. But I wish you could stream from iCloud on iOS too.

6. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #6 mrbiggles, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    yes with the older version of itunes you could just enter a promo code you got from a site you earned on FAS/FMA etc. then click redeem your code and if it's invalid or used you were told just like it does now with new version of itunes.
    but (only with last version) if it was unused & valid it would always prompt you for your password to redeem it. Just click cancel and keep it as an unused code. the new version doesn't prompt you and just uses it again even if you already own the game/code.

this option was great because you could copy the code down and gift the code to someone or trade it for a different game you don't already own. :)

7. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    Tried on an i device & it doesn't work.

Went back to v10.6.3 and the redeem page still doesn't work like it used to. Though I didn't do a full clean install, just uninstall/reinstall.

On any iDevice it doesn't work, it will tell you if a codes invalid, but if its valid it redeems the code without a prompt before redeeming it.

Does anyone have a trick on checking if a code is valid/unused without redeeming it?