HUGE hidden sale on iPads

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pman, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Did anyone notice BB having $100 gift cards for only 80 bucks? And did anyone notice apple is having 50-70 dollars of the new iPad 4's?

So I was thinking, why not go to best buy, buy 8 $100 gift cards for only $640, and buy a discounted apple iPad on a 50-70 dollar sale for about 200 dollars cheaper than normal price?

2. I think you are talking about itunes gcs which can't be used for apple purchases like ipads.

3. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    You can use iTunes gift card money to buy things like iPads and such through the apple store app if you have money.

Don't take my complete word on it, but I am pretty sure that the info is true.

4. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Really? Don't they have the apple gift card for that?

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    iTunes and Apple giftcards are not the same thing. iTunes cards can only be used for digital content.

6. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Ah ok. Sorry for this post then.

7. It's ok, it was a good idea. If it worked, it would have been great. :)

8. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Did you thought of buying 8x$100 GC's and after the sale is over sell them at a larger price???

9. Why not try selling them on ebay for $90, then one can get rich!!!

10. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Meh good idea, too much work. That is a solid idea, but the best buy sale for those cards went on for 3 days. One could assume that a ton of people snagged them if they really wanted them, so it is kind of a risk.

11. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    One could have sold them later in March or maybe June when the new iphone or ipad launches.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I used to buy Apple gift cards in supermarkets etc. Then on ebay i found lots and lots of sellers with great offers, eg a $50 for only $30 or $35.

I mean just a saving like that is obviously a fair few games.

Still unsure how they do it, one seller i spoke to said their overheads are low as they just email you the discount code, so they dont have to bother with the actual card itself.

I never buy Apple gift cards now, always get them online from cheap sites. I've bought about 25 in the last 2 years and havent had one problem with the codes

13. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Will you send me a pm explaining this? I just looked on eBay to no avail, but I'm sure they are out there. They were all actually 120% of the actual card for some reason.

14. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Which sites are they? I use iTunes cards first, then my credit card