independant dev?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dreadwench, May 4, 2011.

1. dreadwench

dreadwench Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    consider yourself indy?
    do you have what you consider a small team?
    small budget?
    good game?
    PM me please.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    What i always find funny is that people cant be just straight forward with what they really want.. Whats the point of such an thread?

Maybee you should tell people in advance what exactly you want?

Hey are you human?
    Male or female?
    Have or had parents?
    Maybee even grandparents?

Then dont write me an pm..thnx..

See the point? ;)

3. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    #3 dreadwench, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
    felt a bit unethical asking straight out here.
    I wanted a couple of apps to use as ads and felt a bit bad when toucharcade charge for advertising, even though my project is shit and just starting and not worth paying for I still felt bad offering something free that this site makes money from. If that makes sense. i think I have enough now though.

i also wouldn't mind talking to others one on one instead of in a forum. There's a few different things, but all that is relevant now is people willing to pop an ad up so I can make it look pretty and they might get and extra purchase or two (if we are lucky).

I'm stuck off work for a bit and have too much time on my hands. I needed something to do so i didn't go crazy and thought I may as well try to give people a hand while I have nothing to do. I'm not expecting anything in return except something to do and they may or may not get a benefit, but no one loses anything.

4. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    also, I am not keen on really putting too much restrictions on people. if they consider themselves independent I dont want to say well you have one too many people to fit my standards.

5. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

your writing is a bit unclear to me.. you search for developer who might be interested into your free services to get stuff like admob & co implemented into their apps?

and what is the thing about your app? or do you mean you wanted to implement an add of your application into someone elses?

i'm still a bit puzzled.

as for ethics.. lol well they don't change if you do it in private or out in the open.. but if you tell people straight what you want they are more likely to listen to you than the secretive.. psst pm me and psst i pm you in return.. and take this mask it will cover your face :)

6. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    but masks are so much fun and there are so many pretty ones :p

It's not an app. We're not developing atm.

It's Just a site. People on here are often complaining about the costs of advertising, lack of feedback and having a hard time getting reviewed when they have a small budget. So I thought I'd make somewhere that the little guys who don't have money to throw around can get there stuff out there a little. While giving me something to work on.
    I am putting in a few other little fun features and articles by friends who work for big game companies and hopefully I can grab a few successful devs who'd like to tell there story from here as well as dev of the month feature where and independent developer for any platform can have a whole page to get their story out there, the first one is a guy who has done a text mmo, it's old school, different and pretty awesome.
    A reward system type thing to encourage people to give feedback.
    I am making some space available for people to advertise for free and I need people who want to put an ad up. I am getting them before the site goes up so I can finish it off. I will be looking for other stuff later, but for now I just need people who wouldn't mind a bit of free promo, even though it won't be much promo, I am just starting out.
    I hope that makes it a bit clearer.

7. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    Also, sssssssh... atleast I can pretend I have semi decent ethics if it's in private. You dragged me into the open :p

8. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

We're two dudes and you can advertise Backlash on your site if you'd like.

9. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    now i'm completly puzzled..

now its a website.. so you ask for apps from other developers to advertise on your website?

and whats the unethical part about this? do you want money or not? or just the asking?

i know i'm always the dark cloud raining on parties.. but if the website in your signature is any indication of your guys webcoding capabilites.. uhh ohh.. :p

10. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    #10 dreadwench, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
    hahahaha hell no, that is my partners website in my signature, he's not touching my thing with his boring bore everything to borehell stick.!!!!!I am still learning though, so it's not going to be fabulous.

no I do not want money. i just thought asking might be a bit frowned upon.
    It is a website. Yep apps from other devs for ads.

11. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Well then asking should be more than ethically correct, at the end you want to help out, but i still find it funny how long it takes till the cat was out of the bag..

All this could be on the first post :p