Cavorite 3 - 16-bit Puzzle Platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cascadiagames, Sep 30, 2013.

1. cascadiagames

cascadiagames Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Hey all,

I'd like to announce that Cavorite 3 is coming soon! Here's the trailer.

We've introduced a lot of new things into the Cavorite universe, including the ability to fill or drain water, cavorite-washing gas, quicksand, jetpacking selenites, and more. There are now three collectibles in the game, translating into over 130 Game Center. achievements. And the story panels have been updated to use HD cartoon art of the same style as DrCavor.com.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We put a major emphasis on keeping the gameplay fresh and fun. In my opinion it's easily the best of the series.

We are shooting for an early October release. :)

You can see more here.

2. cascadiagames

Sep 30, 2013
    We are officially cleared for take off! Cavorite 3, plus updates to the first two games, will be out tonight 10/10. Thanks!

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks, adding to my list! What will the updates entitle? Content?

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Tonight is going to be more expensive than I expected. Monster Adventures, Type:Rider, and now Cavorite 3

Never heard of the series before, what's the core puzzle mechanic?

5. cascadiagames

Sep 30, 2013
    The two big changes are updated story art, which now matches the brand from http://drcavor.com, and then there's an iOS7 audio fix. There are a handful of other small fixes as well.

It plays a little bit like Professor Fizzwizzle meets Super Mario 2.

You have an antigravity spray called 'cavorite'. You use it primarily to spray crates, which can then fly into place onto buttons, bad guys, etc. You can also stand on or hang onto the crates as they fly, allowing you access to areas that you can't get to while jumping.

The first world in Cavorite 3 involves filling / draining rooms of poisonous water. The second world involves surviving the a dangerous environment full of crystals, geysers, and dangerous machines. The third world features lava, hot tiles, gas that will wash your anti-gravity spray off crates, and spring jumps. :)

6. Bronxsta

Cool, sounds like you got a lot of mileage out of a seemingly simple mechanic. Look forward to playing

Btw how much will it cost?

7. cascadiagames

Sep 30, 2013
    Thanks! $1.99

8. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wow, would it release on next week?

9. Bronxsta

It's releasing tonight