Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Wtf, i was only third in that race! :mad:
    Great commentary btw :p

2. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Is that the race in where the worst time is like 36 seconds? The best I can do is 53 seconds or something, and that's with a fully upgraded car. Must be a glitch or I'm doing something wrong.

3. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    It's a glitch and firemonkeys are aware of this!
    They are working on it...

4. xkiller006x

xkiller006x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Okay good to know they are actually working on it! This is the most annoying issue to me. I like things to say 100% or really close and when i have all these races with 7-8th place finishes it bugs me lol

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm about to start from scratch on the iPad, and will use the B control choice. (yikes). lol

Let's see how this works out. I've been using the auto accel choice on the phone. I don't know how well this will be hehe. I'm going to vid cap the entire process until I lvl up to lvl1.

6. xkiller006x

xkiller006x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Honestly its amazing. Ive played almost all racing games with manual control and im good at them because i have a racing background. It gives so much more control and more realistic. In reality you never are always braking or hitting the gas. There are often time of neither or where you only want a little throttle at a time and this is where Control B comes in.

As a side note be very smooth with your device. Rapid motions are bad often leading to a slide and mega loss of speed. I noticed that anytime a long straight is present after the corner that you better do that corner awesome. You want to do everything you can to not slide and take speed away.

7. .....So am I in or not?

8. I see that all the time (8th) on alot of the races. Sounds like your application into the RR3 Loserz club will be deniedz. You sound like a winnerz to me! :)

9. Of course my TA story amigo, any mere mortal can join us. Just no top 100 gamecenter players are allowedz. They all can go sit outside in out doghouse and brag about all their Ferrari's and Lamborghini's.

The rest of us will be carpooling in beat up Ford Focuses, and if we inspire and grind enough, one day we can aspire to own a Toyota Prius. :)

10. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah, I might have to adjust and recalibrate the iPad lol. I think breathing was affecting my control lol. I'm about to start uploading this video. Goes from launching the game, to lvl1. No laughing. hehe

11. Yes, we are all curious. It can be used as evidence whether you can get an honorary membership into the RR3 Loserz Club or not. Looking forward to seeing it.

12. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Thanks for helping me out.

13. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    #1833 F34R, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Here it is... ignore the bad crunching sound. I didn't realize it was going to pick that up when the plastic wrapper was still on the ipad! lol. I'll do a better one next time.

14. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Thought it might be interesting to note given the debates raging at release: almost a week later, the game is at number 34 in the Top Grossing charts of the Aus store. Fairly colossal failure, relatively speaking, I think.

15. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    It's #34 in a week, and that's a failure? I wish I failed like that lol.

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Alright bro, you and I are friends, but do NOT mock the Prius!:p:D

DBC

Proud owner and president of the Prius Silent Drag-racing Club

17. Hehe. My friend had one, it was cool cause back then you could use the carpool lanes cause it was a hybrid. But now no longer. My old boss had a Ferrari, I will tell you, the Prius was much quieter. Much... And got better gas mileage. Hehe ;)

Oh, just noticed this article about the stealth remote update:

http://toucharcade.com/2013/02/15/real-racing-3-gets-stealth-update-to-tweak-timers/

18. Their Ferraris and Lamborghinis shall never compare to my beat-up Nissan Silvia and (off the top of my head) Dodge Charger

19. Wait, the TA regs are coming back.... Head for the hills!!!

20. z1mb0bw4y

z1mb0bw4y Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Is it just me, or did the game just update such that the showcase of the week car is on sale for 50% off? Maybe I've just been playing offline and didn't get some kind of update, but I swear the game wanted me to pay full price not even two hours ago... (thank god I didn't!)