War of the Zombie $2.99 ---> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Habakuk, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

War of the Zombie

Jacques Deul
    War of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and real-time gameplay across the entire…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    War of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and real-time gameplay across the entire world. "Addictive, deep, and surprisingly involving" - pocketgamer.co.uk "A juicy display of a game" - toucharcade.com "The most over-the-top aircraft carrier" - kotaku.com "It has a 'one more turn' compulsiveness about it" - pockettactics.com "Frisse wind in het zombiegenre" - 9lives.be "Extremely promising" - apperama.com "Een ton aan diepgang en toffe gameplay" - ipdblogs.nl WAR OF THE ZOMBIE: As Global Operations Director of Safe Industries, take charge of its Ark Carrier and recruit marines & other personnel, purchase real-life military equipment, research advanced technologies, build forward operating bases, move across the world within range of real-time missions, nuke, scavenge, infect, bribe, fortify and defend against the world's country governments in an attempt to save humanity from the zombie pandemic and resulting chaos. MAIN GAMEPLAY FEATURES: - Choose, equip and drop a team of 4 marines & vehicles into real-time combat - Survive, die or turn undead in zombie-infested, fully destructible mission zones - Enter, drive and fire from Humvees, BMPs, MRAPs, MLRSs and Tanks - Pinch zoom in/out of mission zones as well as your global tactical map - Decide where to station your marines and how they develop as they increase rank & experience - Recruit & train marines, advisors, researchers, diplomats and doctors to rid the world of the undead. - Research & Develop nanotech, genetics, engineering, and weapon technologies to aid in your success - Bribe, infect, scavenge, nuke, airstrike 200 country governments around the globe - Build up arsenals of real military weapons on your double-hulled command carrier - Build specialized labs to complete R&D and fabricate technology surplus to sell to the highest bidders - Build up to 5 Forward Operating Bases at any one time to extend your mission deployment - Carry out covert missions & train PMF marines for different countries - Explore & scavenge procedurally generated abandoned SAFE & activate Syndicate underground bases - Change in-game text at any time to English, Russian, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese BECOME A FAN: We listen to all feedback and suggestions on new map & mission types as well as additional features. Become a fan of War of the Zombie by liking our facebook.com/warofthezombie fan page and drop us a note on things you want to see in the next updates, comment on the game or post your best action screen caps and get your face in the game as a marine recruit! CROPPED MENU BARS?: Not to worry, this can easily be solved as you have full control of the game's menu bars positions, adjustable from within the options screen. FOUND A BUG OR HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION OR ISSUE? You can find an additional FAQ on our facebook fan page, or feel free to email us with more details so that we can help solve the problem you are facing.
    Information
    Seller:Jacques Deul
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Jun 27, 2013
    Updated:Jul 10, 2020
    Version:1.3.964
    Size:103.9 MB
    User Rating: (20)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time obviously! Made some stages of the tutorial and so far it's recommended.

touchArcade editor's review: 'War of the Zombie' Review -Two (or more) Updates from Greatness (there were three or four updates since then).

Main Thread

2. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Comfirmed, free 5 hours ago.

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #3 TheEvilRobot, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    War of the Zombie $2.99 ---> Free

War of the Zombie

Jacques Deul
    War of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and real-time gameplay across the entire…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    War of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and real-time gameplay across the entire world. "Addictive, deep, and surprisingly involving" - pocketgamer.co.uk "A juicy display of a game" - toucharcade.com "The most over-the-top aircraft carrier" - kotaku.com "It has a 'one more turn' compulsiveness about it" - pockettactics.com "Frisse wind in het zombiegenre" - 9lives.be "Extremely promising" - apperama.com "Een ton aan diepgang en toffe gameplay" - ipdblogs.nl WAR OF THE ZOMBIE: As Global Operations Director of Safe Industries, take charge of its Ark Carrier and recruit marines & other personnel, purchase real-life military equipment, research advanced technologies, build forward operating bases, move across the world within range of real-time missions, nuke, scavenge, infect, bribe, fortify and defend against the world's country governments in an attempt to save humanity from the zombie pandemic and resulting chaos. MAIN GAMEPLAY FEATURES: - Choose, equip and drop a team of 4 marines & vehicles into real-time combat - Survive, die or turn undead in zombie-infested, fully destructible mission zones - Enter, drive and fire from Humvees, BMPs, MRAPs, MLRSs and Tanks - Pinch zoom in/out of mission zones as well as your global tactical map - Decide where to station your marines and how they develop as they increase rank & experience - Recruit & train marines, advisors, researchers, diplomats and doctors to rid the world of the undead. - Research & Develop nanotech, genetics, engineering, and weapon technologies to aid in your success - Bribe, infect, scavenge, nuke, airstrike 200 country governments around the globe - Build up arsenals of real military weapons on your double-hulled command carrier - Build specialized labs to complete R&D and fabricate technology surplus to sell to the highest bidders - Build up to 5 Forward Operating Bases at any one time to extend your mission deployment - Carry out covert missions & train PMF marines for different countries - Explore & scavenge procedurally generated abandoned SAFE & activate Syndicate underground bases - Change in-game text at any time to English, Russian, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese BECOME A FAN: We listen to all feedback and suggestions on new map & mission types as well as additional features. Become a fan of War of the Zombie by liking our facebook.com/warofthezombie fan page and drop us a note on things you want to see in the next updates, comment on the game or post your best action screen caps and get your face in the game as a marine recruit! CROPPED MENU BARS?: Not to worry, this can easily be solved as you have full control of the game's menu bars positions, adjustable from within the options screen. FOUND A BUG OR HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION OR ISSUE? You can find an additional FAQ on our facebook fan page, or feel free to email us with more details so that we can help solve the problem you are facing.
    Information
    Seller:Jacques Deul
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Jun 27, 2013
    Updated:Jul 10, 2020
    Version:1.3.964
    Size:103.9 MB
    User Rating: (20)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Awesome game!

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks for heads up.

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Just been trying to play this and it just seems far too buggy to bother with. First time I played the first barrier wouldn't open for me, restarted and it did. Then I got to the 3rd barrier on level one and that wouldn't open.... Gave up on it after that. Seems like there might be a good game hiding somewhere so I'm going to keep it on my device in case it ever gets updated but won't be trying it again for now....

6. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    This game FREE, is certainly a steal! The presentation is awesome and the gameplay is fun and keeps me entertained! So far, I've only encountered one problem (the Supply screen wouldn't load), but after closing and reopening the app, it never did that again.

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Free? Wow and thanks man!

8. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    How is this not getting more interest?

I just started it and must say it is very well thought out. If you like mercenary-type games, this is it. I have an interest in global events and this game hits it on the mark. You play as a mercenary organisation (not a tiny group of soldiers like in other games) and have to juggle deploying your team to stop zombie outbreaks, save a city from being overwhelmed by zombies, rescue diplomats, research technology, maintain friendly relations with other countries...all this done from your headquarters...a carrier parked out in the ocean.

You command a Carrier (those gigantic ships that maybe 5 countries in the real world owns) called the Ark. From there, you pick which missions to go to from the world map. Lots and lots of missions are available from the map and you get contracts offered to you periodically. Successful completion of contracts raises your relations with the employing nation and opens up new missions.

Missions around the world are only accessible if your carrier is within range. You can move your carrier elsewhere, preferably near friendly nations. The friendlier the nation, the more contracts are handed out to you. They might want to purchase stuff from you as well, such as tomahawk missiles that you can manufacture from your carrier R&D divsion. Hostile nations will send fighter jets to attack you so you better have some fighter jets of your own to fight them off. These mini fights are resolved automatically.

You have a group of soldiers, each with different stats like stamina (moving around the map in mission map in realtime will deplete your stamina, stop moving to replenish, stopping too long to rest = zombies surround you = death), accuracy, strength (affects what weapons you can carry) etc. They acquire experience by going on missions and getting kill shots on zombies. They get promoted once you have enough experience. You can find weapons scattered around mission maps.

Your team members can get injured, which means they have to sit out for a couple of days. You get new members periodically so you can swap out for fresh members. You can purchase humvees, tanks, bombers, missiles to support you on missions. It is up to you how you want to spend your hard earned cash. Support? Or buy research labs to develop and manufacture items for your team or sell them off to nations for profit. More income = buying more stuff, e.g. fighter jets, cruise missiles etc.

Did i mention that if a zombie outbreak is out of range of your carrier (won't be able to send out your away team), you can opt to launch a missile at the zombies from the world map instead. Very cool concept!

Pros:
    Open ended sandbox.
    Zombies + RPG elements like X-com = win

Cons:
    Have only encountered one error where the screen got stuck loading. Restarting the map solved this.
    The ui can be daunting. Lots of info on a single screen.
    Can get lost the first time you play it. Takes time to find out what to do.

9. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    Shoot it down with the shotgun, lol. Turn Auto-Fire OFF and manually shoot the barrier down (press on the fire icon above the soldier that you turned Auto-Fire off when it appears, then touch the object that you want to shoot [barrier in this case], and the shot should be fired to where you touched....mind you, the shotgun is a close-range weapon, so you may wanna place your firing soldier closer to the barrier before firing).

Also, the poster above me, OMG I FEEL THE SAME WAY!! This game is most certainly comparable to the mighty XCOM! This game is a gem....and this is coming from someone who finds zombie games redundant and cliché!! Like I said, this game is a steal for the price (FREE or not)...and it's hard to believe that this game is right below 90MB installed. The developers deserve a medal for this game, lol!

10. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013

Thanks lol I actually figured it bout later after restarting.

How do I go in missions? Everytime I click in a bubble I press the green checkmark and nothing happens.

Is there a way to save?

11. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    You should first see on the map one of the infected cities/areas and touch it, after you touch it, you will be presented with some options to drop your SAFE team there...pretty straightforward from there. If your Flight Deck (ARK) is not in range (too far away) from the drop zone, then you have to move it closer to your destination and then "Go To Next DAY". The next day, your ARK would have moved to your selected position....the game Auto-Saves after going to the next day and completing missions.

If you DID press the green check mark on the Mission Briefing screen (I hope you chose your team and their equipment), you may need to close the app completely and re-open it...as it just may have gotten stuck on the loading screen.

12. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    I had my eye on this title when it first came out but there were too many reports of bugs and issues such a s path finding, getting stuck in buildings, and friendlies following or wondering into aimlessly into enemies... I am hoping and was wondering how much of these have been addressed?

13. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    Well there seems to be constant freezing which is quite annoying.

The squad stays together.

The directions could be better. It seems that there are so many things that you can do, but since they don't show you how it's hard to figure it out it or maybe I'm just a noob.

Fun game, but the freezing is very annoying.

14. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#14 Habakuk, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    :mad: I never will put together an OP like this (with additional information) once more for tA. It simply doesn't get honored when people respond to another thread that just came later. Sorry for off-topic.

Edit: Forget it. Threads have been merged. Thanks to mods.

15. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #15 Echoen, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    Edit: Nvm, wrong game

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I noticed and appreciate your attention to detail. I'm not sure why another later thread was posted, not locked, and discussed more. Kudos for effort.

17. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Huh. Weird. Considering the other thread was started almost two hours after yours, I just figured mods would merge the two... I can see how the current situation would be frustrating for you. Sorry. :(

If it's any consolation, I (still:eek:) don't know how to do the kind of stuff you do, so I appreciate your efforts. :)

DBC

18. senkoujin

Aug 28, 2013
    That's strange, aside from that one loading screen hangover in the Supply area, the game have NEVER froze on me ever again. Try restarting your device. The path finding, I agree can be improved a bit, but it's not a BIG hinderance. :)

19. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    The freezing stopped/hardly occurs after I completed the tutorial. Maybe I just had to complete the tutatorial.