Aves 3GS Optimized Animation

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheBioReplicant, Sep 23, 2009.

1. TheBioReplicant

TheBioReplicant Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    For 3GS Users or 2nd Gen iPod Touch Users - The animation in Aves, using the groundbreaking BioReplicant muscular-skeletal physics based animation, is completely optimized for your hardware. You will get an experience like none-other.

THe animation is certainly fluid and as one reviewer noted, "Sublime" but to really see its awesome power, check it out on your 3GS or 2nd gen iPod touch.

You wont be disappointed.

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #2 Wegmans, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Such an advertisement!

I'm sorry, I know you have state of the art graphics and sound, but personally the game seems rather limited. You've received very positive feedback, shared by myself, but I'd want to see this technology used in other areas as well. Do you have any plans to expand this, or work on any other games in the near future?

Also, main thread exists here for future reference : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=26263

3. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    Wegmans, the other BioReplicants and Ghost enabled games in our pipeline will surely "live up to" the chops of the technology. Aves is more of a technical demonstration - but for .99 its a fairly good deal. Particularly on the 3GS.

The game really starts getting fun after you pass the 10th or 12th level - by that time your brain has tuned into the controller of the game, and the birds will be far harder to hit (they will adapt).

Aves as a game is definitely polar. People either love it, or go 'meh', but to love it, you have to get truly skilled at it.

The funding from Aves will determine how quickly we get the others out the door :)

4. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    man, this new technology is amazing. simply beautiful.

any chance of seeing a FPS in the near future? a FPS with this kind of technology would sure bring a new meaning of FPS to the iphone :)

5. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    NomaD, the lights will go out, and all you hear are footsteps. Move around, find him, take your shot. Bullets whizzing by your ear. Gunners behind you.

You shoot. lights go back on. His arm is disrupted by your bullets and he misses you. You shoot his legs to throw him off balance, so he cant aim his weapon.

Yeah, thats actually coming out soon.

"Aves" is our capital catalyst though - if you wanna see these come out quicker, spread the word about Aves :)

6. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    AWESOME!!!! I'm going to buy this and tell all of my buddies to buy it (20+)! Dang that's what a true FPS or TPS should be!

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    Ahh, I can already see it being made! :)

Hopefully, this game will become #1 in the app store, and such a game would be made possible to make :)

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Okay, you just convinced me to buy Aves (damn it!). At least i have a 3Gs, so I'll get the whole experience.

9. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    How did you like the technology squarezero ?

10. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    WOW. Well wasnt much interested in Aves but now I have to buy it. Gotta support your team so that this ^^^ could have some chance of being a reality :D

11. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    ImNoSuperman, 3G or 3GS ?

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wow that sounds fantastic. :eek:

13. iamnotpretending

iamnotpretending Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Marketing guy, developer
    Chicago
    I like this game but I can't tell if the point where the birds start talking is creepy or annoying...

14. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Well 2G for now :eek:
    But 3GS very soon. VERY VERY soon :D

15. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    iamnotpretending, you know, they do have basic intelligence. Sometimes when you pin them against a wall, they will die right away. This is a 'natural' death because the electrical network contracting his muscles overloaded... hence he has to shut off.

I dont even know how it will react.

16. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

The visuals in Aves is clearly lower in quality on iPhone 3G? What are the main differences?

17. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    Visuals should be the same, but they are less fluid.

18. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

An FPS with this technology is bound to be a huge file size. This technology is amazing but I hope my 8 GB iPhone will be able to hold it :D

19. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    Not necessary, remember, we have 26 levels. Graphics geometry and compressed textures dont make that big of a footprint. The audio, infact, could actually be less. We were also purposely trying to squeeze everything out of your device -

20. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Hey Omar quick question, how well does this work on a first gen device? I'm still on a first gen iPhone, so will I miss out on anything essential? Also, the same copy of Aves will work across multiple devices while being optimized for 3GS?

The reason why I ask is games like Dark Raider I think are selling different copies...one copy that is optimized for 3GS and another for all other devices. Wasn't sure if they did that for marketing reasons or for some technical reason.