Rainbow Raid work in progress video

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PebbleBug, Oct 21, 2009.

1. PebbleBug

PebbleBug Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Hi all,

We've been working hard on our latest game: Rainbow Raid for the iPhone.
    Rainbow Raid is a platform-esque game for the iPhone and iPod touch where you have to guide Ruby and her sisters through the clouds to find their way home (and grab a load of gold).

There is still loads and loads to do, but the game is starting to shape up a bit (we've been working on it for quite some time now, and there are still many, many rough edges left).

The short clip doesn't show much of the actual game play yet and since the footage is from within the emulator the mouse is used for the controls. The actual controls on the iPhone are different, once I've set up the video camera I can grab a bit of actual iPhone footage.

I hope I will be able to show you a bit more soon.

[hqyoutube]xflJxLkKGXE[/hqyoutube]

gr.jakko

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Looks good, but just tapping on the clouds to walk to them isn't that interesting... :(

3. PebbleBug

PebbleBug Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Der-Kleine, I agree with you, I should grab some off screen footage I guess. On the actual iPhone you draw the rainbows on screen, which does make the game play different.
    This is a bit hard to emulate using only the mouse in the simulator (where this clip is taken from).

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Check your PMs ;)

This game looks like it's gonna be real fun!

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

ah, ok. Well I'm sure you're still going to add alot of stuff to the game! ;)

6. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Looks OK. The graphics are a bit rough but I see what you're trying to accomplish.