Evil Master Overlord - Real time dungeon defense strategy

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LCDDreams, Oct 15, 2012.

1. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    We've had some issues with a couple of the people working on the project, so we've found replacements and been getting them up to speed. We're still shooting for releasing next month.

In the meantime, here are more EMO studies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looks like Christmas will be coming in January this year.

3. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Heh, and EMO would respond to that with "Ha! Christmas comes when I want it to!"
    ;)

4. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    whooaaa, nice! O_Ob

5. shadowofze

shadowofze Member

Dec 11, 2012
    #65 shadowofze, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    Looks great, will it be on the iPad as well? also I have a question regarding there being Multiplayer in this? How much will it cost? Have any gameplay vids? I am a big dungeon keeper fan so this will be very cool and I also enjoy the conveyor belt style.

Edit: One more one of the most important questions: Whats the replayability? will there be a random skirmish mode where the enemies are random? maybe a random layout? That is where games become all time favorites in my book.

6. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Yep, it will be on iPad - it'll be a Universal build. We do have plans for multiplayer if the game does well enough to support its development (and we have some cool ideas for this too). :)

The game will be free! There will be IAP, but nothing that's required - they're more for those who wish to spend the money to make the game faster/easier. We have no intentions of forcing you to buy in order to finish the campaign (we hate that too).

Gameplay videos will come in the next couple of weeks - once we enter Beta (which is any day now).

The game is very replayable! Every level starts out as a sandbox - the levels have different layouts, but they are largely unpopulated because it's up to you to populate them! In addition, you will continually be unlocking new items for your arsenal, and since you can't use every item in a level (your loadout will only allow for so many items), you'll be able to change things up that way as well. So every playthrough will be different. There are 20 levels in the campaign, and then every level (once unlocked by completing it) can also be played in one of a couple different skirmish modes. Finally, each time you play (campaign or skirmish), the invading heroes, their drops, and of course the order of your items will also be randomized.

7. shadowofze

shadowofze Member

Dec 11, 2012
    #67 shadowofze, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    Thats really awesome thanks, ill be a day one downloader most likely :D can't wait to play this on my new iPad Im getting for Christmas tommorow when it comes out (If you need someone for beta or something I am here for you I have played many dungeon keeper games in my lifetime (Beta on an iPad 4th gen))

8. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Awesome - we look forward to bringing it to you! I'll let you know if we need another beta tester, thanks!

9. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    New banner image for our web site and FB page showcasing some of the different configs for your EMO:

[​IMG]

10. shadowofze

shadowofze Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Can't wait for some gameplay :D

11. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How goes the hopefully 1st quarter release? Any chance of wetting out appetite with some game shots?

12. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Workin on it! Still shooting for a January release (or at least submission). Game shots and video will come in the next week or so. There are a couple of visual issues we need to resolve before we can take some public-worthy shots.

13. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    We're looking at making a small number of tshirts and want to get your opinion on which one is better.

The skely minion?
    [​IMG]

Or the EMO fem fatale?
    [​IMG]

14. Final Boss

Final Boss Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I love the 2D concept art, and the game looks very cool.
    Nice job!:)

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I like be evil skeleton one more over all; although the femme fatale is more family friendly.

16. shadowofze

shadowofze Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Skeleton definitely screams dungeon imo

17. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks for the feedback guys. We decided to go with some of each. :) Though we changed the skeleton one to use the same background/shirt color as the EMO. We will have some of these at Macworld if anyone is interested and attending. We will also likely give some away as prizes in a future contest. :D

18. shadowofze

shadowofze Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Any status on the game?

19. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    We just got the first build on a device (been testing within Unity up till now). It's looking good, but there's still a decent amount of work left. I don't want to give estimated dates only to change them later, so I'll just say we still plan on releasing this Winter/Q1. Also got our first batch of shirts - the skeleton one turned out great, but unfortunately the printers messed up the EMO one :(.

Here's a screenshot of the main menu to wet your appetite a bit :)
    image.jpg

20. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Wow! Will there be beta testing? I would love to try it! :)