Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

Finally put all 40 of my businesses to three stars. Now, to expand!

2. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Eh, if this were an actual game I might care about having a strategy. But it's not; it's a fun little diversion with no winning or losing, and the only payout being that you get coins a little faster. If anything I'd rather take longer to make coins, because I don't want to run out of business/residentials to build.

3. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Tend to agree that it's more a diversion than a "gamer's" game which requires considerable strategy (i.e. Pocket Planes). It's whimsical, clever, colorful, & just relaxing fun although I do acknowledge that one can take it very seriously & progress more rapidly by spending more time playing.

I should also mention that the downside of the proposed strategy of only stocking 2 & 3 coin items is one never gets *random* bux for fully stocking a store. Bux pay for elevator upgrades & can be exchanged for coins (50 bux gets 100,000 coins!). And, in the end, bux are handy for customizing tenants & painting as well as moving/grouping or updating floors. The greatest value for me is for replacing a low value tenant with a higher value or DJer one.

Coins, while absolutely critical in the early stages of the game, gradually lose their value over time. If one has all floors built, their sole value is in for saving up for the next update.

Grateful for the upgrade but wish NB would reinstate Missions.

My 2 coins

4. chris05teo

chris05teo New Member

Jan 8, 2013
  5. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    I have no strategy whatsoever, because it's not a game where you need one. I just stock my stores whenever the spirit of gaming moves me to open Tiny Tower (not lately because I haven't had the time or energy to play anything for the past few weeks.) :) In PF and PP, you need some type of strategy -what frogs to breed or what cargo to load- but I like TT for being what it is: a simple, relaxing freemium (and for not pressuring me to check my iPod every five minutes.) :D

6. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    ^ The only strategy I have is to build across the various types of businesses and, when necessary, add another residential floor. And I only really see it as a way to pass time waiting for the bus to/from work.

7. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    There are new missions or new features coming to this?

8. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Newbie question - why does it say VIP x 2 on the bottom left of my screen?

Attached Files:

9. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    It's a bug. You need to restart the game. It happens sometimes when you use a VIP from the lobby.

10. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    I am late to the party, but I finally fired this up and am having a good time. This is a fun diversion and is great to pick up from time to time when you have some spare time.

11. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Ahh thanks for the response. Restarted (not reset!) my game and the VIP icons went away.

12. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    A new update with Valentine's Day theme is out!

13. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    The new theme - could it be any pinker?

14. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Pretty funny Tiny Tower joke in the new Pixel People game :) via @NimbleDave

Attached Files:

15. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    This is my first theme with Tiny Tower. Will these giant pink valentine heart looking people who have moved in to my apartment keep this look after the next update?

I don't mind at all, I am just curious. Thanks in advance!

16. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    There is no reason for you to stop wearing Xmas Tshirt after Xmas right? The giant heart is an unlockable costume, it's not exclusive for Valentine :)

17. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    That's awesome. I like the nod :)

I haven't downloaded Pixel People yet because thanks to everyone talking about it, I finally caved and downloaded BH. My planes and tower are suffering, I'd hate to think what would happen to my little blockheads too if I downloaded Pixel People :)

18. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Does it come with standard TT music or did they change it like they did for Christmas?

I kept the Christmas update because I like the music :) That being said, I do like standard TT music as well. I wish there was an option where we could choose to listen to either.

19. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I guess my 3 BH are slowly starving to death, my Bitizens complaining that evthg is out of stock, and my Cloudliners are dusting ;)
    I'm not sure PixelPpl will stick as long as TT or PPlanes for me though.

It's taking a lot of things from TT and a few other games, but it's done in a fun and clever way so check it out. They didn't Zynga'd TT.
    (comment on a Shiny tower is : "The Bux stop here" lol)
    And BH did really good, I've seen it played by almost half TA1 crew lol.

20. My bitzens are probably skeletons now, and all of my planes (apart from my mega-long flight) are under a lot of dust

I've been meaning to get back into PP, but whenever I try to enter, I always get hit by the "0 coin, level 0, 1 bux" glitch and I can't seem to get past that :(