I won't fall (casual jumping platformer) - Beta Testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sureshvs, Jun 18, 2011.

1. sureshvs

sureshvs Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

We're looking for a few beta testers for our next game, I won't fall.

[​IMG]

I won't fall is a top-down jumping platformer, with great pick-up-and-play appeal. Its simple one-touch gameplay makes it very easy to get into, yet challenging to master. A fun survival mode is also included for competitive players.

If you're interested, please PM me. Be sure to include:
    1. What device and OS you're on
    2. Your previous beta testing experience, if any
    3. Your favorite 2 casual games and why you love them

2. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

I'm interested, but do you have any more screenshots?

3. what do you mean by top down jumping platformer?
    any close examples of gameplay on the appstore to see?
    or maybe more pictures or even a video

4. sureshvs

#4 sureshvs, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
    Hmm... so looks like I'll have to post some screenies after all :). Actually, our art assets are not yet final, especially our main character, so we hesitated to post screenshots on TA. But, if that's what everyone wants, then that's what we'll post :D. BRB with some shots.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    PM sent :) More screenshots?

6. sureshvs

Here are some screenshots of the game. As I mentioned, we haven't finalized the art yet, but I hope this will give a better idea of the game. We don't have a video yet, but we'll have one as we get closer to launch for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Ah, so the gameplay would be roughly like a horizontally-scrolling version of Air Penguin, then?

8. how would the gameplay be like?
    could you maybe explain the suff on the screen?
    like the apples and how do you get a game over?

9. sureshvs

Yes, the gameplay is roughly like Air Penguin. I Won't Fall is touch based though, so the strategies you'll have to use are very different. As you hop from platform to platform, there are various wild life hazards that you'll face, making the gameplay very deliberate, yet hair-trigger. Miss a platform and you'll plunge to your death.

This is actually going to be an August release, so anything else I say beyond that might or might not be in the final game :).

10. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Looking supercool !
    Hope you managed to make the controls very intuitive. I kinda dislike the air penguin ones a lot !
    Looking forward for more updates and screenshots :D

11. sureshvs

Thanks Acumen. We've been testing the game among family and friends across a wide age demographic - from 5 to 60, from 'never played a game' to 'hardcore CoD players'. Everyone's been able to play it, so I believe it's intuitive.

BTW, we'll be starting beta shortly and we've got a couple more slots, so if anyone else is interested, PM me.

12. sureshvs

Thanks to everyone who applied. I've sent out PMs to all. Since we're running the beta on testflight, we're just waiting for all testers to sign up / join. Once that's done, we'll put up the build and get the beta rolling!

13. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    So I just got through my first run with the beta one word Outstanding. I gave up trying to figure out what the main character was because the game is so much fun, smooth controls it responds right away no delays at all about to challenge survival mode and try for all stars 53 and counting

signed Very Happy Camper

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I missed this earlier, nice impressions.

Can anyone else talk about the game? Why can we expect to see video? :)

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Its like Air Penguin with Touch controls. You Touch platform to land on it. Pretty tricky!

16. sureshvs

We're still changing the graphics a lot, so it'll be some time before we post a video. But, once ready, it'll definitely be posted here on TA's forum. So, stay tuned.

And thanks for pitching in LOLavi :).