Minecraft "Clones" comparisons?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by funkyflychicken, Jun 10, 2013.

1. funkyflychicken

funkyflychicken Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    #1 funkyflychicken, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Hello, I am a player of Minecraft PE, and while I somewhat enjoy it, I'm looking for something with a bit "more to do". I am intrigued by the quests and magic concepts in "Block Story", and "Survivalcraft" looks interesting as well. How do those two compare, and are there any others that might be worth looking into?

Any comparisons between these minecraft-esque games would be much appreciated. I like to craft and build, but exploring and actually finding dungeons, caves, different mobs, etc would be much more exciting than what exists in Minecraft (especially in PE).

2. Elixir

Elixir Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Canada.
    Survivalcraft currently blows Minecraft out of the water, to my understand the only reason why MCPE is still so high on the charts is due to the influence from their PC version, which is better than Survivalcraft by far.
    Anyways, Survivalcraft has caves (although not very large), lava, different creatures, changing weather, plus an interesting take on electricity. Perhaps the biggest offset is the lack of hunger or the lack of danger wild creatures pose.
    Heres TA's review, 5/5:
    http://toucharcade.com/2013/05/21/survivalcraft-review/

3. Singapura

Singapura Active Member

Jun 27, 2010
    The Blockheads is great. It's 2D but has a great interface. I prefer it over Minecraft PE because moving is a lot easier and you can plan moves ahead.